Thomas The Pathfinder (2004 R50)

Dave.Bert

Hello

First this is not a first post but an intro REDUX

I would like to thank the people that have answered my questions to this point

I am trying to find the answer to most of my questions. I hate trying to reinvent the wheel

OK

Thomas (yes i name my vehicles) is a 2004 Pathfinder

Front_zpsil61us6k.jpg

Drivers%20Side_zpsrznlhx1v.jpg

This is jsut after i washed and cleaned him up a bit

I have changed the oil and filter

I used a K&N filter and mobile 1 (5w30) full synthetic Oil

i am planning a Trans oil and filter change as well. I don't know what is in it so best to be safe

I am planning on using a good synthetic ATF. DEXIII any suggestions on brand ..

Is there something better then DexIII?

The MOds i have planned are

NEW suspension

I am going to install

KYB Excel-g struts and Old Man Emu Heavy duty springs in front

and Old Man Emu Shock and Springs in the back

I am also going to replace the rest of the moving bits and parts on the suspension.

I am going to replace the Brakes

Including Rubber Brake lines

Calipers/brackets

Rotors and Shoes

This is for both front and rear

I am looking to purchase a tactical Armour group rear bumper with tire carrier

On the interior i am planning at least one radio (probably 2m since i am a ham radio operator)

A CB is also planned

I am going build some storage into the back that i am going to build myself.

I am going to install Rugged Ridge manual lockers and then 1/4 in spacers.

I am planning a missing link that i can fab

OK NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS

I am looking for a Aftermarket wheel for this vehicle

what is everyone using?

what is the backspace for the stock wheel?

Any other suggestion on Mods or observations would be greatly appreciated

ENJOY

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a good game plan for Thomas.

I would recommend soft 8 or Rock crawler rims with a 3.75 backspacing at least. I also wouldn't chose a rim less than 8" wide. If you plan on spacers you can get away with a 15" rim, but 16" will clear the calipers without spacers.

As long as the ATF meets Dexron 3 you're fine.

Sent from my Pathfinder

• Like 1

I would strongly recommend against TAG...I did a lot of research when I first got my pathfinder and they were the only people I could find to make any sort of anything bumper wise...after doing research on the company I8've seen a lot of mixed reviews...there seems they work more for you if you live in the local area...if you don't expect a 6-8 month wait for your bumper and you may or may not get good welds on it...as for your storage in the back I built mine not that long ago...

57707ab31f91aa99fe6c9cb43a8eb604.jpg

It's got a slide our drawer and three doors on hinges took about a day to build 1 2x4 and a sheet and a half of OSB...I think all together maybe $30-40 for everything...

Wheels...I run 15x8 pro comp 51 series with 31x10.50's...I can see where some people have had issues with 15's rubbing the calipers idk why but I've been fortunate and haven't had this issue yet and I've had new brake pads with the wheels

If you have any other questions feel free to ask a lot of us are always on here can't seem to get aways (very addicting)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would strongly recommend against TAG...I did a lot of research when I first got my pathfinder and they were the only people I could find to make any sort of anything bumper wise...after doing research on the company I8've seen a lot of mixed reviews...there seems they work more for you if you live in the local area...if you don't expect a 6-8 month wait for your bumper and you may or may not get good welds on it...as for your storage in the back I built mine not that long ago...

Is there any other manufacturers of rear bumpers for the2004? I have look and choices seem to be limited.

Sounds like you have a good game plan for Thomas.

I would recommend soft 8 or Rock crawler rims with a 3.75 backspacing at least. I also wouldn't chose a rim less than 8" wide. If you plan on spacers you can get away with a 15" rim, but 16" will clear the calipers without spacers.

As long as the ATF meets Dexron 3 you're fine.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Im going with the 1/4 in spacers because i am installing Manual lockers and need the 1/4 in spacers to clear the oem rims. If i could find a rim that will allow a slightly bigger tire and allow the lockers then that is what im wanting

HMMMM the BOSE stereo doesnt work.. It lights up but no sound

Im not wanting a top of the line and not wanting to spend a lot of money on it just something to listedn to CDs on and listen to the radio

anyone have any suggestions I know that an aftermarket one would be a HUGE headache

thanks

When you start replacing suspension parts don't forget the rear upper and lower control arm bushings . Use the poly replacements , you'll feel the difference right off the bat .

is there a set for the 2004 that you would recommend?

thanks

Is there any other manufacturers of rear bumpers for the2004? I have look and choices seem to be limited.

Unfortunately not...honestly your best bet is to find someone local and see if you can get it fabricated that way...that's what I'm doing for my rear bumper...where are you located?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk