The "Betsy" build

cntryboy_88

Subframe kit installed completely!! Betsy standing on her new tires! I ended up going with 33x12.50's on my pro comps and it turned out nicely

c288d6eb77da0a74d70abf7b23d3ba44.jpg

06b056bd0813c7b2295756e05ecffe43.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Head back to the junkyard and get the block off plate from the car you got the harnness from. It should have the correct plate. Grab the gasket too!

Glad to see your making progress on this. Post up if you have questions. There are more than a few geniuses on here who are willing to help.

-Kyle

Head back to the junkyard and get the block off plate from the car you got the harnness from. It should have the correct plate. Grab the gasket too!

Glad to see your making progress on this. Post up if you have questions. There are more than a few geniuses on here who are willing to help.

-Kyle

Block off plate?

So spent 4 hrs yesterday at the junkyard pulling this dash harness...all I need is the trans wiring and 4x4 switch wiring but it's all intertwined soooo it looks like I'm probably replacing mine which I didn't want to do...I can't keep my manual shifter lever so I'm gonna install a metal plate where the 4x4 shifter lever used to be in insert the new switch like so...

Block off plate?

The plate you mentioned in this post, the one under the shiftier assembly, you were referring to that right?

-Kyle

No I was planning to take a piece of metal and putting it where my manual 4x4 shifter was and installing the automatic 4x4 shifter in its place

It's been a lot of fun so far...I've been waiting to build a car for along time and I'm glad I'm able to finally do it and help inspire other people

Well subframe blocks are in!! Finally got my new bolts from nissan today

a1768000ca2efb5be08d7a2db4820a16.jpg

And new rack and pinion is also in the process of getting installed

94efaa26bcbe5eba3abeb8f619704026.jpg

Besty will be rolling by the weekend cause I need to get my garage cleaned up its a mess right now

Did you have to rotate the rack to make the steering work?

That actually turned out to be the wrong rack and pinion so I had to send it back and then I'm gonna have to order the right one

Oh ok well let me know if you have to end up rotating it.

• Like 1

Well starting Saturday I will be off work for a week for the sole purpose of working on Besty all day to get as much done as I can...first will be to tear apart the dashboard and re wire everything get the new ECU and TCU installed...after that will be to get the rear end lifted up...and last will be to get the engine in the car and possibly the transmission...hopefully I can get it all done

Did you have to rotate the rack to make the steering work?

When I installed my SFD the rack and pinion did have to be rotated. Otherwise it binds at the u-joints.

Alright everyone...exciting night tonight!! New 3.5 engine is installed! Been waiting awhile for this and it frees up a lot of room in my tiny garage...not sure when the trans will get installed hopefully with in the week

7a822b770bf293c46c6d6f63de9340c4.jpg

• Like 3

Well I got the rear part of my lift installed tonight and it looks awesome!

7b3dc80506b0a4c0e5e64c7de8be72f3.jpg

All that's left it to finish wiring the dash bolt up the transmission mount my bumpers and rock sliders and phase one will be complete...it's been a very long couple months but hard work and many hours later I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...can't wait to take her out on some adventures

looking good! Try half a decade for me!

Yea she's been sitting since November for some other issues it had I started the main part of my build probably about late January...so I'm pretty happy to be as far as I am by mid April it's been a lot of fun

4e3d69d5b00cd613d4e789f9062efb11.jpg

Picked up a 2011 4.0 4x4 with 61k miles on it yesterday! Drives real nice...not a fan of the 4 way independent suspension but whatever...real clean inside and out gonna have a lot of fun with this one as well

• Like 2

Been doing a little work here and there...as much as I can anyway...I still need the wiring for the transmission solenoid and ignition...then my wiring issue will be solved...I got the valve covers changed the new motor was leaking oil before I got it...and I have completely deleted the AC system so all old parts removed...ac compressor taken off and a new drive belt for the other accessories installed...once it quits raining I'm going to install new brake booster and master and finish my brake lines

• Like 1