Sign in to follow this  
Terranovation

Winter maintenance tip

Just thought I'd share this for anyone who is new to owning a Pathfinder, it is a good idea to check the bottom channel at the lower inside edge of your front fenders from time to time. It's an easy check to do, just open your front doors and you'll see the gap in there to flush out with a garden hose.

Mine were totally full of mud and gravel when I first got mine. Good thing to check especially after off roading in mud.59cb8a5bc5ee4088f615190a99b0df81.jpg016d3f32d5aa201b53b9f691bd126028.jpg423865435f59ddb29babd12c55708171.jpg81ea66f07a0ceb9247354dcc2cb27363.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, they collect there. I trimmed that plastic bit before I put them on the last time to at least slow the accumulation.

You can see my lower fender is a bit rusted, I think that happened because of the mud that was in there. Really must get that coated and fixed before it starts spreading.

I do the same a couple times a year. Im trying to make it a habit of checking everytime I wash mine.

I just flushed mine out, it's surprising to see how much sand comes out of there even though they appear clean.