No start issues

cntryboy_88

98 pathfinder....started just fine before...I had a fuel leak from a rusted line so I tore all the fuel lines out from the back to where the lines meet in the passenger wheel well...put the new lines on and they are on correct I've primed the lines I'm getting fuel all the way to the fuel rail but my return line is bone dry when I take it off...battery is good also...any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Have you pulled a spark plug to see if fuel is getting into the cylinders?

So far, seems like the fuel is getting to the rail, but the injectors are not performing. I believe there is a dedicated fuse for the injectors, so check that first. If blown and replacing still snaps the fuse, then you'll need to perform some tests on the injectors. (Power, ground, signal, etc.)

Edited by FriedEGs

return line will probably be dry until you apply vacuum, then it will regulate the pressure at idle.

If the engine fired fine, but had a fuel leak, you replaced the lines, primed the system, now it wont start, the obvious answer is double, triple, quadruple check your work.

i have a couple of questions for you.

did you remove the fuel line at the rail when you replaced the lines?

how long was it off? is it possible something got into the fuel feed line to the rail while you were working on it?

did you remove the negative post on the battery while you were working on it?

can you start it by spraying starter fluid into the intake?

i would recommend checking the fuel pressure at the feed line, all because the fuel pumps all the way through the line doesn't necessarily mean that the pressure is high enough to fire the motor.

If you replaced the filter while you were working on the system, are you sure that the filter is on properly? (they are directional) which if you undertook this project, i am sure you already knew.

are you getting fire to the plugs? taking out a wire and using the screw driver in the end leaned up against something metal will let you know. I believe you have a fuel pump fuse which is good if it is priming and pumping fuel, also you probably have a relay under the hood which is also good if it is priming and pumping.

Hard to say without more info on what you have checked. hopefully something i have said at least gives you a direction to pin down the problem. Keep giving feedback, and i will continue to try to help as best i can. good luck to you bud

Pat

Hey thanks everybody for the input...turns out nissan can't draw...hooked the lines up as nissans picture from the stealership showed and the lines were backwards switch them around and started right up!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk