How to change a headlight globe

Terranovation

Just thought I'd do a how to on this, as I learnt the hard way today and turned a simple job into a nightmare, until I figured out it was very easy.

Step 1 - Have new headlight globes handy (obviously)

Step 2- Open hood and locate headlight bulb socket

Step 3- Press in the two tangs on the sides of the bulb holder and pull back away from the headlight housing. The socket will separate from the globe connector, along with the round rubber dust boot.

Step 4 - To remove the globe, press down on the metal tang that holds the globe in. You'll press down and unhook it. Lever it away to remove globe.

Step 5 - Insert the new globe being careful not to touch the glass surface. Hold it by the end on the metal part. Insert into headlight housing. The metal lugs should line up with indents on the actual socket.

Step 6 - Replace the metal tang by hooking it back into it's slot. You just push down on it and it will seat in, holding the headlight globe in place.

Step 7 - Replace the rubber dust boot. It should be marked 'TOP' showing the reinstallation on the headlight socket. There will be cut out sections on the back of the dust boot for the globe connectors to poke through. This can be a little tricky. I learnt that you should keep a finger in the center of the dust boot as you place it onto the back of the headlight globe, that way you can feel when the connector pins line up.

Step 8 - With the dust boot on, plug in the headlight connection. This can also be a bit tricky without adequate lighting but if you look at the slot configuration of the connector then you have an idea of how it should fit onto the headlight connector pins.

Step 9 - Test it out! Test high beam too. If all went well, you're all good. Now do the other side lol.