Homemade anti theft

maddmark1981

I just had this great idea to fab up a piece of plastic that fits over the ignition space. Just cut the tear drop shape out of an icecream container using the existing plastic ignition ring as a template and glue plastic tabs underneath it to form a way to slot it in.

Spray it to match the console color and when you park just remove the ignition plastic ring and then slot the ignition plastic cover over the top, the plastic tabs slot down the sides of the ignition lock, effectively hiding the lock.

Should confuse a thief or at least slow them down somewhat. I'm going to try this!

If they're already holding the screwdriver they're about to jam into the lock, I doubt the plastic would do much... unless they got confused and thought you'd converted to push-button start or something.

Yeah that's the idea, it might at least confuse them. I was bored and just mucking around lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking into doing something to make the rig harder for thieves to steal

Any ideas?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Easy, just install an Alarm system or wire a relay for starter kill. So basically the car won't start unless the alarm is disabled by the key fob or activated by a hidden push button.

Heres your relay diagram if you scroll to the passive starter kill -- http://www.the12volt.com/12voltimages/starterkill.gif

And here's a cheaper basic alarm system with a starter kill built in -- http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18470_Viper-3105V.html

Edited by RIPB.88

Well I'm definitely confused...lol

What is it supposed to do?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

It's just a plastic cover that goes over the top of the ignition to try and fool a thief that it's been removed to another location.

• Like 1