New build

evalee61511

Yes but you will get back into CV angle issues. Plus you will lose the natural rake the truck has. Also if you load it up in the trunk it will sag in the back and not the front. That's why I have 6" lift in the back and 4" in the front:

71c76fc8ed07e27b4cee1e34a9b2e763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not at all worried about the natural rake I want it to set level. Will lock out hubs help with the cv problem it will very rarely go off road it will be a rig for the wife.. A street queen mostly

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Depends. Your increased CV angle can put increased stress on your rubber boots, causing them to crack/tear early in their life. This leads to contamination of the joint and premature failure. Using manual hubs mitigates this problem and takes care of you.

However, if your lift droops your front wheel far enough to physically reach the limits of your CV joint it will be damaged in one simple moment, whether your hubs are engaged or not.

If you limit the downtravel of your front suspension so as to never exceed your CV axle's limit then you are fine with your 2" of lift. This will be the case if you lift with springs. They make you ride higher, but don't change the amount of down travel available. However, the downside to this is a harsher ride and 'topping out' which is when the wheel droops and BANGS at the limit of the shock travel. It's startling, but apparently not damaging.

If you put an extra 2" of spacer above the strut, then I am not sure if you will exceed the axle's angle limit. If that DOES exceed the limit you could install limiting straps.

Yes but you will get back into CV angle issues. Plus you will lose the natural rake the truck has. Also if you load it up in the trunk it will sag in the back and not the front. That's why I have 6" lift in the back and 4" in the front:

71c76fc8ed07e27b4cee1e34a9b2e763.jpg

Hey, I installed the KRFabs SFD along with the recommended Cherokee 3" coils in the rear and I have what I consider the perfect rake. My rear is higher than the front.

I haven't loaded the back down with large amounts of weight yet, but have loaded about 150lbs in the back and it wasn't any lower than the front.

What did you have installed in the rear initially that didn't match your 4" front lift?

Hey, I installed the KRFabs SFD along with the recommended Cherokee 3" coils in the rear and I have what I consider the perfect rake. My rear is higher than the front.

I haven't loaded the back down with large amounts of weight yet, but have loaded about 150lbs in the back and it wasn't any lower than the front.

What did you have installed in the rear initially that didn't match your 4" front lift?

I had spacers and OME coils matching the 4" in the front and it was perfectly level. However the moment anything went in my trunk, it sagged down. I typically take way more stuff than I need as I like to be prepared for the unplanned.

CDN: you and I are on the same page, however the OP has stated that he just wants a lift for the look. That indicates that he won't be carrying the hundreds of pounds of gear, beer, food, beer, spare parts, beer, straps, beer, and recovery equipment that we carry.

• Like 1

You could ask that one guy about his 12" SFD... :FartExplode-vi:

It's gonna be the wife's rig. I wanna go as cheap and safe as possible

Just to put things into perspective, you're asking about the most expensive lift option we've got, short of doing an SAS or anything custom, and is possibly more unsafe given all the parts it introduces to the vehicle.

Budget unknown and "cheap" being a relative term, we're talking maybe $1.5-$2K just to get the "look" you're wanting. Many guys won't even spend on their 4wd truck, especially since that's about 40% of its worth. That's the SFD, lift spacers and/or springs, longer shocks, larger tires (and probably wider rims), supplemental items (hardware, replacement items, and all sorts of "while you're at it" things)...many of which make it as "safe as possible". If you can't install it yourself, then that's another cost. Don't forget that none of this will be friendly on the fuel economy, and performance will decrease.

I've lifted a 2wd truck before; I get it. Just pointing out the reality of your quest, in case it wasn't already clear.

Have you considered just buying the gal a diamond bracelet and some roses? :wub: Helluva lot cheaper!

That's good, and not trying to deter you, just making sure you know what you're getting into. There is no "kit" for us...frankenstein rigs, man. And of course, if you were to consider an SAS, there's definitely no point without first converting it to 4wd. Though, this projects seems to be more for you than your wife (and it's all good :D ).

Though there's not much for you to fab, except the SFD spacers and maybe the rear coil mounts/buckets.