Factory spare carrier.

greenda3

There were 2 different part numbers depending on the year of your Pathfinder.

57210-0W010 was for 10/95 to 12/98

57210-2w600 was for 12/98 thru 2004

The earlier ones are no loanger avalible but the later ones are still avalible from Nissan but very expensive.

Dang, $1300 from courtesy nissan.

Ha, and that's not even everything you need. The remaining parts, if new, are several hundred more...and much if it is actually no longer available in the US. A couple parts I needed came from Japan.

• Like 2

I wonder what the the sticker price was as an option at the dealer. I got the window sticker from the dealer with all the paperwork that came with the truck and it listed additional options with dollar amounts.

Anybody know what to expect from parts yard pricing for them if you do find one?

I paid about $150/ea for the pair I found in town. That included the complete carrier and all the latching hardware that mounts to the chassis (there are 3 of them...be sure to get those!). The offset license plate holder and wiring probably another $50...but note that the rear hatches between older and newer R50s are slightly different, so the license holder is body-style specific.

Anybody know what to expect from parts yard pricing for them if you do find one?

I bought Andy's (theexbrit) swing away, for $50, and shipped it to his company for like $63 or something like that? (it was HEAVY! 50-60 lbs, i think?) and then he paid me for my time i think he was in it all said and done for $150. They are cheap, and i see them at yards, all the time. The yard i bought andy's from has at-least a half dozen pathy's on hand at any given moment, and "usually" has one with a swing away but its been well over a year since i've been to that yard so it could be a different story now.

I want to say that the swing away's are "popular" up here in the PNW, but i really haven't lived anywhere else to claim that with any amount of certainty. Early models in general are becoming few and far between on the roads. The late models are becoming more popular on the roads. Probably because they are cheap enough for people to use them as beaters or give them to their kids as first cars, which was the case behind my 96. :happy:

I'm actually thinking about freshening up mine as its really showing signs of its age. Contemplating having it sand blasted, and then powder coated, for a nice and durable finish. That or paint it with POR-15, and then stone chip over that... something along those lines.

-Kyle

I bought Andy's (theexbrit) swing away, for $50, and shipped it to his company for like $63 or something like that? (it was HEAVY! 50-60 lbs, i think?) and then he paid me for my time i think he was in it all said and done for $150. They are cheap, and i see them at yards, all the time. The yard i bought andy's from has at-least a half dozen pathy's on hand at any given moment, and "usually" has one with a swing away but its been well over a year since i've been to that yard so it could be a different story now.

I want to say that the swing away's are "popular" up here in the PNW, but i really haven't lived anywhere else to claim that with any amount of certainty. Early models in general are becoming few and far between on the roads. The late models are becoming more popular on the roads. Probably because they are cheap enough for people to use them as beaters or give them to their kids as first cars, which was the case behind my 96. :happy:

I'm actually thinking about freshening up mine as its really showing signs of its age. Contemplating having it sand blasted, and then powder coated, for a nice and durable finish. That or paint it with POR-15, and then stone chip over that... something along those lines.

-Kyle

I sanded mine down and spray painted it with 'Roll bar' paint from local parts store. I shot up the upper spoiler/diffuser as well. Both turned out great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...