Helping my boy, beef up the Pathfinder

nonhog

I'm not a Pathfinder owner but my boy just got one from his Mom and S.D.

Its pretty nice but all stock. We want to do some small steps in making it more capable off road w/o going nuts. We are in Western Washington so most trails are tight.

Hard core trails are not in the plans. Thinking small lift, more aggressive tires and skid plates. Lots of research to do. Yes I will use the search button. :)

Looking forward to finding answers and checking how others did things!

Welcome Bud! You shouldn't have any issues finding the info you need, it is all here.

I recommend looking through the Members Rides section to get ideas, and don't forget the Classifieds either; there are a lot of members with parts up your way.

Just to get you started, a minor (2-4") suspension lift can be done for $300 or less, and Fleurys makes skids, so check out his site (Classifieds/Services section towards the bottom)

B

Thanks guys! I'm starting to get use to abbreviations for aftermarket stuff. I Get started using the search function and I get sidetracked reading entire build threads.

Since this Pathfinder is his DD, we will have to go mild on the upgrades. He is a college student and we have another project car.

So we are investigating what it takes to properly do a cheap 2" (or less if need be) lift. Want to compare 4Runner front strut spacer with the P/F. A co-worker has the 4R parts.

Thinking we could make the rear spring spacers. We also want to do sheet metal bumpers, skid plates and maybe sliders.

I have a plasma cutter, and welders, so since budget is a huge concern for us, most items will get done in our home shop.

If you wish to point me toward any threads that would be great but I'm O.K. with searching them out too.