Will a 94 ignition fit a 93?

Daytona_chic

The entire piece. I was comparing pictures of the two and they seem to be the same except for a small white part that has either a cable or group of wires going to it. I also noticed that on my ignition there is a small black plug immediately under the the key with two wires coming out of it. One red/blue the other red/white, both are cut. Was there a purpose to those?

the cable is to lock the automatic shifter, I'm sure you could eliminate it but may need to remove the locking part at the shifter.

the black plug with the two wires is for the "key in" chime

What is wrong with your ignition that you need/want to replace it?

I'm trying to track down a starting issue. My WD21 doesn't always want to start.I'm not sure what the cause is yet. The key will turn and I'll hear a click most of the time sometimes there is nothing. I do also know that one of my battery connection isn't the best. So it could be one or the other or multiple things, I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Check the starter cutoff relay. Follow the harness up from the starter, the main bit will go to the positive terminal, but a branch goes up toward the fender behind the battery. A blue relay, with two plugs in it, a larger one and a smaller one.

It may be in the under hood fuse box under inhibit relay. Try tapping it lightly with a hammer while someone holds the key in start. Sometimes cycling the key quickly gets it to go.

I think the contacts get carboned up from arcing, haven't cut my old one open to confirm that yet.

Definitely clean those battery terminals and do what you can to improve that battery clamp/connection. Also, make sure the ground strap is clean/has good contact to the chassis (behind the battery IIRC) and across to the motor. Sometimes the starter can't pull enough amps of the ground isn't sufficient.

Sorry, don't know about the ignition...

B