Hi, from California

Daytona_chic

Hi, everyone I'm Kayla and hail from sunny California and I'm new to the Pathfinder world. Although not new to things automotive. I'm from a family of carnuts/gearheads. I've owned a 71 datsun 240z, 91 mazda rx-7, 93 Acura Integra, 94 mazda miata, and now my 93 pathfinder xe-v6. I also have a 2013 Triumph Daytona 675. I've wrenched on them all (within my abilities), unfortunately all of my tools were stolen recently so I haven't been able to start on my WD21 yet.

20151030_071254_zpsfejxojwt.jpg

20151030_071141_zpsaxdcsh7c.jpg

20151030_071154_zpszjbrznyq.jpg

20151030_071127_zpspptplda2.jpg

20151030_071114_zpstpbqljzt.jpg

20151030_071102_zpsiwxarwcp.jpg

20151030_071038_zpszvnh7qpo.jpg

This is my Pathfinder as she sits right now. She has a few issues here and there, as well as missing a few odds and ends. Missing the battery tie, my door locks don't work, missing some interior parts while some are cracked, the rear hatch glass struts are dead so those need to be replaced, and it doesn't always want to start. not 100% if its a connection or ignition thing. The one major thing I will need to address is some small cancer spots at the top of the front windshield. I like the look of how it is now so I may not change any of that just add.

• Like 1

Also here are a few of my past projects and my other toy. Please enjoy the eye candy.

SavedPicture_zpsc24b9eea.jpg

1993 Acura Integra RS

26892_101300379914898_100001048084896_76

1991 Mazda RX-7

793659_425460350891351_213858014_o_zps9c

1994 Mazda Miata-this is after my accident and right before I turned it in to the insurance.

cnc110611MN-021-L.jpg

1971 Datsun 240z

and finally my "other" toy.

20150908_094439_zpsft7yakt4.jpg

2013 Triumph Daytona 675

• Like 2

Welcome down there in the OC from the Wine Country up North!

I like your past toys, but that Daytona looks crazy! I'm getting old, so I'll just stick with my CBR1100XX... :tongue:

About your Pathy... How many miles? Any pattern to the no start issue? CEL ever on?

I agree, it is probably an electrical issue, but maybe just a connection so start there. Download the FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage (1994 is the earliest but it pertains to 95% of your vehicle, and everything under the hood, suspension, exhaust, axles, etc), familiarize yourself with what is where, and next time it doesn't want to start, go jiggle one connector/harness at a time and try to start again...

Also there is a write up in the Garage/How To section on how to check the ECU for stored fault codes; that might tell you something.

Most importantly, when was the last time the timing belt was changed? The VG30e is an interference motor, so it isn't a good gamble to ignore that belt...

B

• Like 1

Welcome down there in the OC from the Wine Country up North!

I like your past toys, but that Daytona looks crazy! I'm getting old, so I'll just stick with my CBR1100XX... :tongue:

About your Pathy... How many miles? Any pattern to the no start issue? CEL ever on?

I agree, it is probably an electrical issue, but maybe just a connection so start there. Download the FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage (1994 is the earliest but it pertains to 95% of your vehicle, and everything under the hood, suspension, exhaust, axles, etc), familiarize yourself with what is where, and next time it doesn't want to start, go jiggle one connector/harness at a time and try to start again...

Also there is a write up in the Garage/How To section on how to check the ECU for stored fault codes; that might tell you something.

Most importantly, when was the last time the timing belt was changed? The VG30e is an interference motor, so it isn't a good gamble to ignore that belt...

B

Wine Country sounds like where my boyfriend is from (family in Napa and Auburn). Yet again another similarity is that my boyfriend is also looking at stepping up to a CBR1000RR, my Daytona even though it's smaller is "very" aggressive, I love riding it!

Anyway back to business my pathfinder is @175,XXX. I am not sure about when the timing was last done if at all, I need to contact the pervious owner he knows of a few things done to her before I bought her. I don't really know if there is a pattern, sometimes it will start fine (multiple times, granted I need to give it a little gas probably needs a fuel system clean), then others it takes a few tries.

Ahh, that is good to know!

Wine Country sounds like where my boyfriend is from (family in Napa and Auburn). Yet again another similarity is that my boyfriend is also looking at stepping up to a CBR1000RR, my Daytona even though it's smaller is "very" aggressive, I love riding it!

Anyway back to business my pathfinder is @175,XXX. I am not sure about when the timing was last done if at all, I need to contact the pervious owner he knows of a few things done to her before I bought her. I don't really know if there is a pattern, sometimes it will start fine (multiple times, granted I need to give it a little gas probably needs a fuel system clean), then others it takes a few tries.

Yep, I'm in Santa Rosa, about 25 miles northwest of Napa. CBR1000RR is a serious bike, but not comfortable enough on the long rides I like to do. I'm sure he'll like it though (Honda makes solid bikes), and good to see another chick on a bike; good for you, not enough of that....

With the MPFI, it shouldn't need to have the throttle depressed to start, just give the fuel pump a few seconds to build pressure and turn the key. The issue might be a partially clogged fuel filter or a pressure regulator failing. :shrug:

In the FSM, there is a good diagnostic section that covers hard starts, so that is where I'd start. Test as much as possible before replacing...

B