Roof rack with spare tire mount for my 2001

PrecisionX

I was just hoping there would be a rack that has something similar to the undercarriage spare holder. The tire sits in the middle and there's a clamp or something that is in middle. Or are people just strapping them down?

Ahh, back when she was so clean and purty, eh Steve. Lol

Many of the better quality racks (Yakima, Surco, etc) have tire mounts available for their racks. Search away...

Edited by 01Pathmaker
  • Like 1

I don't see the need for an actual tire carrier attachment. I tie mine with a ratchet strap as well when I carry it up on the basket, which I do from time to time.

1dce84863a352e25eb3ee170a2e39435.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

• Like 1

While yakima and other manufacturers make pre-fabbed items to hold down a spare, like everyone has said, a ratchet strap works great. If you prefer solid hardware you could always buy a length of threaded rod and use 2 pieces of flat bar with with a single, centered hole drilled through and nylock nuts/washer to clamp a spare down to the rack.

CDN_S4, Im kind of jealous of the terrain you have up there. So lush, green and dense. California has turned into a dry, dusty tinder box and the last few areas that still get rain dont have trail systems. Im looking forward to Washington state but i hear they are in a state of drought as well. Grass is always greener thay say. Except in this case it's true. :(

I used a tie down bar setup from the trunk of a late model crown vic, it was shaped kinda like the hangy part of a coat hanger so it was a perfect 'hook'

Ooooooo I had a police interceptor with one of those...that is the perfect idea

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk