2 codes and running like crap

txpath4x4

Hey guys I am getting codes 51 and 33. Can they stem from the same problem? Or one cause the problem.

Also injector circuit code,Electric connection or possibly plugged?

Thanks guys

Go figure, try to sell the beast and she wants to start acting a fool

Obviously she likes you and doesn't want to be sold.

One or more injectors is out of spec. Mine has the same codes. You can ohm out the all the injectors using the plugs near where the upper radiator hose mounts. Do a search, there are a thread or 2 about which wires to use.

• Like 1

just OHM'ed all 6 injectors... 2 of them are at 115 OHM's...i have seen a few people post 20-30 ohms when it bad. i guess the old Girl wants to prove a point.

on a side note; anyone ever hear the old saying, " if it starts running better than ever, hold on cause its gonna crater?" yeah that is exactly what happened. has been running like a top, not anymore :deadhorse::headwall::crossedwires:

suspect how? i ohmed them at the injector itself. thinking i might have a bigger issue coming?

No, just odd that 2 went out at the same time... 1/6=16.7% which is normal odds, but 2 at once is 1/6 * 1/6 or 1/36 (2.7%) that they fail at the same time, unless I screwed up my math.

If they ohmed out bad, replace them and go from there. Make sure to color match them, the spray pattern and whatnot seems to matter.

B

• Like 1

Not necessarily necessary. I bought an R50 4+ years ago and an injector failed in the first year. I bought a full, used, replacement set from a wrecker (same color code) and only changed the one. Not a problem since, with the replacement or the 5 original. Do what ever makes you comfortable, but my attitude is this: If the injector is on the driver side, needing the plenum removed, replace all 3 when you are there (keep and label the working spares). If it is on the passenger side and easy to get to, just replace the faulty one.

Regardless, make sure to replace both O-rings for each injector, and lube them (and the socket) with a little gas before you install to make sure they slide and don't get pinched.

B

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...