4x4 parts center skid mounting question

NovaPath

where do the two rear mount wholes go? I am installing solo and this thing is effin heavy so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I begin. In looking under the truck it looks like i need to drill holes in the center support but the description says bolt on?

Thanks!

They should bolt to the transmission crossmember, and on my 02 I had to remove what I suspect are NVH blocks. They were just weights, and were covering up the holes to mount the skid. After that, it was easy to mount it up, and you just sandwich the bolts like the diagram says (assuming you got one, this is 4x4 parts afterall.)

Thanks!! I suspected as much but didn't feel like going on exploratory surgery to find some holes....I did not get a diagram...They only included two nuts for the long bolts, It sounds like I may need 4 total?

Thanks Again!

I believe 2 nuts should be fine, they've gotten me through a lot through the years. :laugh: But yep, you're on the right track, just feed the bolt through the crossmember, stack the washer and lock nut, and then hold the nut as you turn the bolt. That's how I usually do it, I may have forgotten another washer.