CV boots

hagge

Hi!

Bought a pair of new wheel side CV boots from 4x4 parts a while back.

Don't know the brand.

One of them is already torn where it sits on the axle, and it has a lot of "dry cracks" all over.

The other one seems fine...

I wonder if i did something wrong when installing one side ????

Can you recommend any after market brands that will last?

Front end is cranked up a bit.

Brands available here in Europe are for example: Blue print, Jakoparts, Japanparts, Sakura

I read somewhere here that Rockford makes durable boots, but i can't find them over here.

If I were you I would write to rockford : sales@rockfordcv.com and ask how much for shipping or a reseller in sweden. They are worth every penny... These are the last cv boot I bought and they are still in great shape (no cracks) ...

S.

I put on a Rockford boot and it tore pretty much right away, no spacer lift on so it was running at stock tolorances. The standard rubber one I installed on the other side a year prior is still fine.

Ok Thanks!

Will check with Rockford and/or Stock ones, but original spare parts are crazy expensive over here.

One CV boot is around 90USD

Aftermarket around 10USD

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this link. http://www.hippored.com/?portfolio=cuffia-facile-easy-boot-cv&lang=en. These boots could save alot of headaches. They look great if they will work. I have a 94 SEV6 4x4 Pathfinder and just discovered the passenger side outer boot is cracked. Cv joint not making noises or vibrations yet so I'm about to do some maintenance. Any opinions on the Italian company's cv boot or any helpful shortcuts will be mucho appreciato! Thanks, Randy

Check out this link. http://www.hippored.com/?portfolio=cuffia-facile-easy-boot-cv&lang=en. These boots could save alot of headaches. They look great if they will work. I have a 94 SEV6 4x4 Pathfinder and just discovered the passenger side outer boot is cracked. Cv joint not making noises or vibrations yet so I'm about to do some maintenance. Any opinions on the Italian company's cv boot or any helpful shortcuts will be mucho appreciato! Thanks, Randy

BRILLIANT!

Wonder what diameter the axles are as I would guinea pig this product!