No tach , No speedo , no heater fan , no coolant gauge !?

BendRed

So Im well versed in mechanics and I just bought this canadian 95 pathfinder here in Bend Oregon.

Has substantial rust but its straight and $1000.

Im having trouble figuring out why my speedo , tach , coolant gauge and heater fan dont work.

Fan fuse is good .

Battery and alternator are good .

where to go from here ?

Voltage regulator in the back of the gauge cluster gave up?

Download a copy of the FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage section and chase some wiring?

Welcome to NPORA BTW. I've been through Bend, it's a beautiful area...

B

I had a 98 nissan frontier that had the same problem . Thx !

Im on it !

Maybe eaiser to just call my account with the wrecker and get a replacement speedo .

That connected to the heater fan ?

Or is that the diode I have been reading about ?

Also forgot to mention a faint battery light on in the cluster.

Been here since 90

owner/operator of https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuner-Automotive/129399613767976?ref=bookmarks

IMG_7845_zpspfkib9vz.jpg

Edited by BendRed

I like that wind deflector, where can I pick one of those up at to use with my stock rack.

I had a 98 nissan frontier that had the same problem . Thx !

Im on it !

Maybe eaiser to just call my account with the wrecker and get a replacement speedo .

That connected to the heater fan ?

Or is that the diode I have been reading about ?

Also forgot to mention a faint battery light on in the cluster.

Been here since 90

owner/operator of https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuner-Automotive/129399613767976?ref=bookmarks

IMG_7845_zpspfkib9vz.jpg

Curious .....

Since this is a Canadian vehicle and the instrument cluster is in Kilometers ... is the wiring harness the same for a US Spec instrument cluster or will I have to get another Canadian cluster ?

Ordered a new to me cluster from my account at LKQ today for $65.

If it works cool ......if not , Ill just send it back

Still not sure if this is connected to my HVAC fan not working nor that I have no lighting at my HVAC cluster

• Like 1

Ok ,l well today I got a loaner working instrument cluster from my connection at LKQ to test out.

Nope , still no speedo , tach , temp or anything working ( lights for check engine , etc ) across the bottom of the cluster .

I do have a very faint battery light on and the fuel gauge works .

tested the battery and its good , even fires right up no problem every time.

thoughts .......

Its all good if it takes me some time to figure it out .

Its for mey son and he still has 2 years before he drives .

In fact , he works at my shop in the summer so maybe he will get the chance to trouble shoot :)

Check the "meter" fuse. Also Check the fusible links at the battery. Those can cause issues.

The canadian trucks are identical to the US ones BTW. The only difference is the metric gauges, and the daytime running lights. Which is actually nice to have because whenever I drive in the states no one has any lights on.

Check the "meter" fuse. Also Check the fusible links at the battery. Those can cause issues.

The canadian trucks are identical to the US ones BTW. The only difference is the metric gauges, and the daytime running lights. Which is actually nice to have because whenever I drive in the states no one has any lights on.

And it also seems that nobody knows what that stick thingy on the left side of the wheel is that moves up and down and makes blinky lights happen on one side of your vehicle.... **facepalm**

And it also seems that nobody knows what that stick thingy on the left side of the wheel is that moves up and down and makes blinky lights happen on one side of your vehicle.... **facepalm**

Didn't you know ...... thats a dealer option :)

Thanx for the input guys , Ill look over those today .

cheers

I have been trying to find the FSM.

Im wondering if there is a wiring issue because the kid I bought it from just installed a dvd/stereo setup in it.

It is in the pinned thread in the Garage section, should be the first link of the first post and download away... ;)

B

Meter fuse ?

No inline fuses at the battery present .

It's in the fuse box in the dash. You'll lose a lot of stuff if it pops.

The fusible links are the squishy wires going from the battery terminal to the black connectors, which then send power through the harness.

OH HELL YES!

10 amp Meter fuse was dead.

Replaced it and I have a working instrument cluster and heater blower fan .

AWESOME!

Now I can officially drive this rig and put it thru its paces .

Admin should sticky this for reference to the METER fuse .