re4r01a transmssion / transfurcase problems

Idrive4fun

I have 2001 infinity qx4 R50

I just had my transmission re4r01a replaced after catastrophic failure for the 3erd time.

I seem to have 1 extra connector comeing out of the transmission wiring harness there dose not seem to be a plug for it.

Also my car seems to shift just fine however my car is stuck in 4x4 and the 4wd light is on. I have had my mechanic scan the car with snapon scan tool and no codes are found. Dose anyone have any idea's as to why my car is stuck in 4x4? or have a brake down of how the transfure case engauges into 4wd andout.

Anyone ever had something like this happen?

Depends which transfer you have. The one with the proper shifter can get stuck in 4x as the selector bit isn't driven by the shifter but rather by a spring (presumably so you can't force it out when it's under load, which could damage the teeth) and I've had that stick. It popped out eventually on its own (luckily I was on a dirt road at the time). I replaced the transfer case fluid and haven't had an issue with it since. If you've got the all-mode box with the little switch on the dashboard then I've got nothing. You can download the service manuals from nicoclub (I would post a link but my geriatric web browser keeps freezing up and losing my other tabs when I try loading the download page for some reason).

Can you see what the mystery plug's wires go to? Color code? Again the service manual may be your best bet. If you have the all-mode box then it could be that the plug is supposed to be going to that somehow, but I would expect some kind of code if that was unhooked.

Third trans? That sucks. You did clean out the trans lines and cooler before putting the new one in, right?

Something is taking those transmissions out unless they're being replaced with other junk...

QX4s use the all mode transfer case. Did he try and command the transfer case into 2wd with the scan tool?