Mounting light bar

AkPrecision

Hi everyone well after a super awesome gorman run I finally decided to do the led light bar. I was thinking of buying the rola vortex roof basket and mount a 40" to it. I have been trying to think of ways to accomplish this. I haven't ordered the rack or light bar yet. The rack is 37.5" wide and the light bare is 40". Anyone have any ideas? Also where would you run the wires? I was thinking of maybe finding a way to run them down the side of the windshield into the engine compartment. UT unsure of that idea. I don't want to drill a hole in the roof. Any help or ideas are appreciated

I used an aluminum bar to mount my lights to the rack and ran the wiring like you described through the rain gutters down the the sides of the windshield into the engine bay. I covered them up with tape lol. A bit ghetto but beats drilling holes. I didn't take my wires out of the plastic sleeve that they come in, otherwise I would probably tuck them into the weather stripping.

Check out page 12 of my build thread, there are some photos of the install. It has moved since then but the idea is still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to see a pathy with a legit light bar, I've got a friend with a 3D printer, I'll bet I can get some CAD drawings made fairly easy and have him print me a prototype. Hmmm tempting, adding to the list of a million things I want to do. Lol

Post up when you have progress done, I'm really excited to see this one.

-Kyle

I have an idea. Rough country makes a universal light bar mount that will mount to the rola vortex. I think I have decided on the super bright leds titan 36" but that isn't a final decision lol. The light is going on no matter what so when it gets done I will certainly update and cdns4 I will defiantly look at your thread tonight

Hi everyone well after a super awesome gorman run I finally decided to do the led light bar. I was thinking of buying the rola vortex roof basket and mount a 40" to it. I have been trying to think of ways to accomplish this. I haven't ordered the rack or light bar yet. The rack is 37.5" wide and the light bare is 40". Anyone have any ideas? Also where would you run the wires? I was thinking of maybe finding a way to run them down the side of the windshield into the engine compartment. UT unsure of that idea. I don't want to drill a hole in the roof. Any help or ideas are appreciated

Also really curious about this. I was going to mount a Rola basket as well and really wanted to sit the light bar right in front of the basket. Super bright leds so far is the only place that carries a 36", which should fit perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry everyone got real busy since I last posted but don't worry I haven't forgotten about you. So in the last week or so I have installed the rola roof basket "low profile" and just finished installing my rear bilsteins with the ac lift. I was previously using the stock size kybs(they are sweet I can't believe I waited so long) Also ordered full memphis mclass series speakers which should compliment my jl 300 slash 4 amplifier. Now I will post pics on how I mounted the basket and what exact pieces you will need in order to do it how I did. I found a pretty clever pic of someone who used electrical conduit clamps bolted to the factory rails and I did the same and it's rock solid.it took 4 trips to home depot 3 trips to do it center and 3 trips to true value(pain in the ass plus it was 105 and I had no shade lol) Soon here I'll will be having led light bar mounts welded to the rack. I believe I will be doing the olympus offroad zues dual row gen 2 light bar. It is 44" wide.

Nice. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

I would like to do the same, but am willing to drill in the roof.

Would be nice to have a quick-disconnect bulkhead type of electrical connection in case the light needs to be removed at some point.

I like the idea of having things buttoned up the way the OEM would have done it. (you may argue that does not include holes in the roof! )

But I haven't committed to an approach yet, so who knows?