Hard shift to second

ejin4499

So I bought a 2006 pathfinder 4x4 se. It had the classic blown radiator but I got a good deal on it. I got the manual and the master rebuild kit and went to town. Gotta say a really fun project.

Anyway the problem after the rebuild every gear shifts smooth as butter except 2nd. If I give it about 1/8 throttle it pops in like something rear ended me. If I give it 1/2 throttle it shifts relatively smooth but I can still feel it shift.

I've read the manual and gone through the diagnostics as far as someone with out a consult can do. I'm not getting any light or dtc's. Is 2nd supposed to be hard under light throttle or do I need to start pulling parts and finding a way to bench test them? Or even better does someone have a consult 2 with obd2 adapter I can rent from them?

Thanks guys

ok so first thing that I'm going to try now that I have a diagram of pressure flow is jacking up the rear putting a gague on the direct clutch hydralic line and watching how the line pressure changes. As far as I know it should be a realatively smooth application of pressure. If its jerky I probably have a valve problem that needs looking at. If anyone would like to chime in here with any thoughts or brain farts that would be appriciated.