Keeping October wheelin alive!

5523Pathfinder

Hello my fellow PNW's! Well, its that time again for another October wheelin day. This is the time when we had held the MrJim runs in the past. I'm not trying to make this a big huge thing. I thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone wants to go wheel, just meet up and have some BS'ing time, whatever. If you have any other ideas, post 'em up! Let me know what you all think. I'm tentatively planning this for October 10-11th. I've had a great time meeting other members and getting to know some more than others!

Derek

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Derek,

What do you think about planning an official annual run for Oct. 10th this year?

It would be fun to go back to the Rainier area where we went in 2010 for the 2ND Annual MrJim Run. That place was epic. I would love to do a reveal of the new MrJim2 Pathfinder. To do it on the same anniversary of getting the original MrJim back would be my way of honoring the great things you all did for me back in 2009 and at the same time restart a great annual run again. It was never easy for me to do those runs from 2009 through last summer when my health and my finances finally started to get stronger again. Things are so much better for me now and I would love to jump back into things full speed this year.

Much like all the other runs, we need to make sure we have a trail leader that is familiar with the trails and area. I'm not opposed to Evans again, but I don't know the area very well. As a example, I seem to be leading the way at both Tahuya and Elbe on a more common basis and Im pretty comfortable with it. Hopefully some other members will wanna jump in and give their two cents.

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to NPORA/Mr.Jim run 2015....

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Given the short notice for this year I would be open to going to one of the places you are more familiar with. I am not picky about where, as long as we can put it all together.

The only place around here that a 2wd would do ok is Tahuya. I have wheeled with guys who lost 4wd on the trail and yeah, it's not fun but we help to get them out. If you go wheeling in a 2wd, please bring recovery equipment. Straps, chains, hi-lift, winch, whatever you may need to have someone give you a tug out. Nobody likes the guy who gets stuck and has nothing to help resuce him.

Let's try to nail down some plans very soon. MrJim2 will be ready for the trails. I may not have my front bumper installed yet, but aside from that it will be ready. I also paid for a new Lokka front locker that will be installed too.

I'm going to hopefully do the naches trail run this Saturday. I'll take pictures and give feedback. I'm going with a few jeeps, but want to check the run out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, let's push it back a week or two then. Every extra weekend lets me get a few more things done too. I have the Locka front locker that I would love to get installed. The more pressing stuff is to get the front right suspension installed, the front right locking hub, and my rear springs. I won't have my winch installed or probably my front bumper either yet, but that's okay.

Derrick, if I bring the Locka front locker with me, do you think we could install it during down time at the trail run?

I just changed jobs last Monday and I am excited that I am going to be making an extra $10 an hour that is going to help in my project. I was slamming this thing together like gangbusters and then I had a situation that forced me to move in mid June. I moved to a place that is way nicer in every way, but the end result financially was rental costs are now 4 times what they used to be. The finances, the sudden 100+ degree weather that went on for months, the drought, the move itself, and extra demands at work all caused the project to stop for a while.

Everything is looking good again now. My biggest expenditure remaining is that I want to get a custom bumper from https://tacticalarmorgroup.com/. I expect to spent about $1200 at least getting what I want there, plus shipping. I have come too far to cut corners on such an important piece now. The front bumper is essential. It holds the bumper, protects the front end on the trails, and on the highway. It has to be strong enough to push and be pulled, while looking sexy at the same time.

I suppose in the end, I will probably do some custom paint or skins, but that is not important to me yet. Its all one color and with few blemishes, so I am not too concerned about it.

I am planning to bring tent(s) to camp for the weekend if everyone else is camping too.

Let me know what you think about, #1 when we will do this run, and #2 what you think about doing the locker during the trail run weekend.

I letting Derek set the date. I am available any weekend. I liked the idea of pushing it back a week or two, because I have dozens of parts still left to install. Its running and capable now, but I am glad to have the extra time to get as much done as possible.

Sorry guys, Ive been rediculously busy lately. I have been watching to see if anyone else is going to ring in about going. Next week would definetly work better for me. I have a few things to work out to make sure and I will let you know. This weekend sounds like its going to be quite crappy out as well. Not that would stop me normally.

Jim, I wouldnt want to install the locker on the trail as if anything goes sideways, we are screwed. I would hate that to happen. So, have you been out with your new rig at all? Would you rather do a easy trailride(Tahuya) and make sure everything is cool? Just putting a feeler out there.

Yeah, you're right about not doing it on the run. I will see about getting it installed this week.

I haven't been wheeling in the new rig yet. I think its pretty stable, but maybe Tahuya would be better for this first run. Unless others object.

And that is perfect. It gives me the extra 2 weeks I was hinting for to get some more things completed on my Pathfinder. I just finished my second week after changing jobs which resulted in about half the amount of work from me and about twice the paycheck. I was pretty happy at the last job, but it was getting hard to find extra time to work on any personal projects. I have had a lot of changes in the last 3 months. I had been doing fine financially, as seen by the huge start on my Pathfinder project, then I moved to a new place where my month rent and expenses were 4 times as high as where I had been. Much nicer, but I soon found that I had to start watching my money. Now, I have made a strong move to this new job and I am working less for nearly twice the pay. I just got my first paycheck today, so I can get back to work on the Pathfinder again. :)

Question for you guys... Checked rest able today and noticed it is not LSD. Should I hunt for new axle or do lockers? I still commute in it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk