Hp increase wanted

thorpe991

So without major engine work a cam is about the only thing i can do motor wise to increase hp so on to the trans im guessing a torque converter but i dont under stand quiet what they do to choose one

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

All I did to gain 72 HP was stop driving my '98 3.3 and buy a '03 with a 3.5. 168HP vs 240HP. Cheap swap with no tools involved.

• Like 2

It's technically a "VG34"

I bought a SC Xterra and it's decently quick. A VG34 with the blower from an X on it would be pretty bad ass.

Hey, that's what I've got... (Just not assembled yet)

[Nissan Motorsports we added a set of their #2 off road cams to Project Pathfinder. The cams have 264 degrees of duration and .430]

Anybody know where or how to find these i searched online and got jack

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

JWT S1 Cam (ground from new cam blank) power comes in about 2k and up. (will be going into my vg34er)

or call Isky and tell them what you want (reground).

I'm running a Euro cam myself in a 3.3 and its decent. A little More power 3k to 5k no loss in bottom end.

Edited by MY1PATH

I have no personal experience with them yet but members on here have installed their S1 cams and been happy with them in N/A application.
http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/15422-fitting-of-jtw-s-1-billet-cams-in-a-vg33e-engine/

Edited by MY1PATH

Just a question ...why do you need more HP? I mean if I'm stuck in a swamp an extra 100 HP will not help. Are you drag racing?

Edited by kdj
  • Like 1

Just a question ...why do you need more HP? I mean if I'm stuck in a swamp an extra 100 HP will not help. Are you drag racing?

"Because race car"

Its fun!

Where I live you sometimes encounter 80+ mph traffic (128+ km) My wife's truck struggles a little with this on the flat 5 lane freeways but my modified 3.3 passes people uphill even on the steep mountain passes at theses speeds.

Sure a pathfinder has all the power it needs for trail runs, I never wanted for power on the trail even trail riding my half dead vg30tbi but everywhere that the roads are paved I did want it.

Edited by MY1PATH