So I have new 1997 pathfinder SE

Renagade

It ran like crap:

Did full tune-lube-new wires/plugs/cap/air cleaner etc..

Ran little better,\

No power

Hard to start crank crank 5 min then starts with little power .....

Wife was driving then in the road it stopped... no start had to get towed home....

OK so looking at it I found coil to be arching .... Replaced with new distributor

Still no Start Cranks spark- smell fuel- still nothing

So Rotor is turning fine number 1 plug has compression and spark still no spark

so read might be timing belt...

So

Here goes nothing

Tore it apart took for ever to get pully off....

Looked at timing belt it was dirty oily mess... well not that bad

Looked at timing marks and they seemed good but the lower crank shaft mark was not there

[Dang]

So i cleaned road sludge off and still nothing...

So looking at the KEY WAY Im looking at it, Should the front and back key ways be in line?

As there of but like four teeth on crank shaft...

Took the #1 spark out to get TDC and the crank key is at the 4 o-clock spot or close to it.... rear key way looks like ita at the 11am spot?

I tried to get sprocket off but its stuck there... What should I do as I want to change the seal as well...

I was watching videos on doing this timing and it seems everyone's stuff come right off and mine you need as much help as 1 needs, plus looks like all the rest of key ways are in line... please help

You shouldn't have any oil on the timing belt! While you are in there, you probably need to change the camshaft seals and the crank seal to stop oil leaks. Be careful to not score the cam/crank surfaces when you remove the seals. The camshafts and crank sprockets have markings on them that match up with marks on the back timing cover, and the crank notch lines up with a line on the casting behind it. Sometimes the crank sprocket marking is hard to see.

Good luck.