Shocks "again"

Hey guys so my shocks are all blown. I'm looking on a few sites and I've noticed that two shocks come up as the most popular to use on pathfinders and I'm kinda wondering your experiences with the ranchos and Monroe in daily driver type scenarios?

Rancho's are cheap but some think they are a bit harsh. That is what I am running and they are fine for me but I like a stiff ride {PLEASE no jokes!) Cant say about the Monroes but you kinda get what you pay for in a shock. One good thing about the cheap shocks, you are not out that much if you don't like them.

I would try to do some research on the differences between twin-tube and mono-tube shocks. In my experience, a mono-tube shock will almost always be a better, longer-lasting, and more effective shock.

Between rancho and monroe, I think I would go with the highest-end monroes I could find. I've never cared much for Rancho.

That's just my opinion, but I run Bilsteins, and couldn't be happier with them.

I had the monroe's for years and they were fine. A little soft, but they made for a nice ride for a DD.

I currently run rancho RS5000's and like them because they're stiff and last a long time.

I went through a similar exercise earlier this year. My truck had Monroe's on it when I got it, and the ride wasn't very good. Lots of lateral play. I considered Rancho 5000s, but ended up getting Bilsteins based on other shock threads around here. I've only had them on for a month, but I haven't regretted the decision.

It's the same company but they are not the same shock. Not even close.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong: I don't doubt they produce different shocks. But when a leader in suspension lifts is partnered with a leader in shocks, and the focus is a Nissan truck, the question to ask is "How different?". When I say that Rancho = Monroe, I mean that you have no way of knowing what sort of differences they've made for us, mainly because they've proven they don't care to make a difference. I'd hope there's a difference between their 5K's and Reflex lines beyond white and red vs. silver, but I don't know.

Then again, chances are that we're all running a shock not specifically designed for our trucks, so this becomes even more subjective.

I'd like to hear more about the OP's preference, truck configuration, and why Rancho or Monroe is in the discussion while KYB and Gabriel aren't. I've not run the latter two, but my impression is that they're better for DD use.