Lokka Automatic Locker Group Buy

LesterB

Ahh, I see! Yeah, mine from the 2005 is flat the entire center section. Nissan has a new part that supersedes the original, I'm hoping it is beefier. The original does look like a weak link.

Makes sense on the superseded part. Hopefully it is better.

Quote from Lokka; "Good to here you've got so many numbers. We will have to issue a new voucher code, and we'll make it $249. I'll let you know when it's processed. It will run for a month, to give guys time to get their orders in. (We will just check them off the list of names you give us too, so keep us up to date.)"

What a deal. To be sure, they will do that price for the R200 version??

I'm thinking I might pick up a pair of them...already got an extra R200 in the garage, and will have another on Sunday. Might be easier to sell them pre-locked...

That's what it looks like to me. I guess that means we need to put our forum handle in the notes of the order? I'm not sure how else they would cross check it.

I asked about that initially, and I don't think it's the case, but they never did answer. I'll investigate some of the previous group buys and see what I can figure out.

Lokka has confirmed that they do not have a locker for the 4 pinion R200. Anyone who isn't sure which they have can give Lokka the month and year of manufacture and they will let you know. Unfortunate!

New message from Lokka,

Hi Dustin,

We need to know which model vehicle's they have, are you able to get this for us? We want to give our manufacturing guys the heads up so they can get stock levels up ready for the orders and we can apply the code to the right models. Just found out the code will be up for use for 7 days, we will let you know the dates once sorted.

Cheers

JD

Would anyone interested please message me your model and year of manufacture?

A 7-day discount window? WTH is that about? What happens if not everyone on the list buys within at window? Sounds like these guys have some other agenda. They're going to manufacture a bunch of Nissan Lokka's on a whim to re-stock supply like there's some ridiculously steady demand that they have to be prepared for within a week? BS.

I have whatever vehicle they think uses their p/n NIS-FO-182 (but basically an 02 and 04 Pathfinder).

I'm asking them to extend that 7 days, even two weeks seems short to me, but at least that should let most people get through a pay period. I know I'll need to. I'm guessing they don't have enough stock to cover our orders. Hopefully that doesn't equate to a crazy wait time. I'm going to ask for an estimate on that, too. I think it took two weeks for the first people in the last Lokka group buy to get their locker, which isn't terrible from Australia, but there were under twenty people in that one, almost 50 on this one. I wonder if they don't manufacture until they get an order? They don't seem like a small enough company for that, but maybe.

Two weeks would be better...but that was my exact concern. For a lot of people, especially for non-essential vehicle parts, this is very much an impulse buy. I'm glad to see so much interest though.

I know they keep some sort of decent inventory. We bought two of the R50 kits on the same day and they arrived in about 4 days from AUS, no joke. I can't get stuff from eBay in our own country to arrive within 4 days.

But I think if everyone knows up-front what the terms of this sale is, it'll be far more successful for us and them. I'd love to see this as some sort of eye-opener for them (and other manufacturers). Thanks for staying on top of this!

Well, they're becoming more communicative as we near the end.

Hi Dustin,

No worries, organizing the code, will let you know when activated.

We'll let it run for a couple of weeks, so keep putting it out there.

Cheers

JD

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came in today. That was fast.

Question: Thought this kit was supposed to come with a new HD cross shaft? Not in mine at least.

Yes, it's supposed to on yours. Came with the two I received the other month.