Automatic Transmission '97 into a' 95?

Pulled my tranny apart, as I've had no reverse and I finally lost 3rd and 4th. I was expecting a simple clutch, plates and band job.... But Nooooooo! Oil Pump shaft is toast, along with Reverse Drum getting torn up.

I can get (eBay) a used oil pump for $99 and reverse drum for $60. But I've still got to buy a rebuil kit ($150), have a shaft turned on a lathe ($20) and have planetary gear pins Weld tight ($50) (this was all advised by my transmission guy) and a bushing set ($80) plus $300 for labor. So a total of $740...

Pick and Pull has a '97 Pathy that I can get the tranny out of for $160.

Can I make this work for my' 95?

What would you guys do?

I'm nickel and diming right now, but I do know that this kind of thing need to be done right otherwise I'm doing it twice...

Otherwise.... Anyone want to trade? I love my Pathfinder and want to fix her, but I'm out of work until this is resolved. This is costing me money on both ends.... Oh and rents due on the 1st...

Sacramento area if there's anyone out there that can help me, I'd super appreciate it.

You all on here are great. Thanks!

Edited by ChadderRiggs

Kingman,

Have you done it or seen it? Do I have to swap anything, bellhousing or transfer case adapter?

Also, did you grow in Vancouver? I did. Moved away in 2002. Cascade Park.

It's common knowledge around here with a little searching. I've put a '98 trans into an '88, and the hot commodity nowadays is to swap an Xterra/Frontier SC trans in. All Pathfinders/Hardbody/Xterra/Frontier with a VG use an RE4R01A. All interchangeable so long as the units are 4x4.

Haha yeah, been here all my life. In Camas at the moment :thumbsdown:

• 1 month later...