Fresh pix of the QX

Looks good. It's coming along nicely. So besides tires, which will take a while by the sounds of it, what's next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

There is some more cosmetic things I would like such as a black bullbar for the front, caged black taillight covers, and a LED light bar for the roof.

Interior wise I would like to take out the factory stereo and add a double din.

Motor wise. I have not been able to find much. Maybe a MSD ignition, new plug wires, and would LOVE to find a nice cold air intake.

Thanks.

There is some more cosmetic things I would like such as a black bullbar for the front, caged black taillight covers, and a LED light bar for the roof.

Interior wise I would like to take out the factory stereo and add a double din.

Motor wise. I have not been able to find much. Maybe a MSD ignition, new plug wires, and would LOVE to find a nice cold air intake.

I had been searching for a CAI for a while and finally decided I would try an Xterra one since they share the same 3.3L VG33. The intake fit perfectly, but the surround to isolate the temperature did not. I will likely fabricate something as well as add hod louvers for additional cooling. I love how this intake sounds under WOT.

Otherwise, besides a better flowing and larger diameter exhaust, there isn't a whole lot as far as bolt on parts go.

Double Din is a must I find, I love having BT streaming and handsfree calling available. Besides the sound quality of factory is extremely improved.

I had been searching for a CAI for a while and finally decided I would try an Xterra one since they share the same 3.3L VG33. The intake fit perfectly, but the surround to isolate the temperature did not. I will likely fabricate something as well as add hod louvers for additional cooling. I love how this intake sounds under WOT.

Otherwise, besides a better flowing and larger diameter exhaust, there isn't a whole lot as far as bolt on parts go.

Double Din is a must I find, I love having BT streaming and handsfree calling available. Besides the sound quality of factory is extremely improved.

I may have to try that route for a CAI. This QX has been difficult for me. On all my previous vehicles I usually on engine bolt on's. The aftermarket seen for these rigs is soooo small kind of disappointing to us gear heads.

Looks great! Are those wheels Level 8 Strike 6s by chance?

Nailed it! They sure are! :)

^^ k&n makes a bolt in replacement for the VQ, and there's some other company that makes one for the VG's but after seeing no real gain on MCM, in terms of performance, I decided to just keep the stock unit.

Post pics of the intake CDN_S4!

-Kyle

Lookin' Good!! :aok:

You want CAI? Throw on a snorkel... ;)

Want a motor upgrade? Toss in a set of VG30 cams! :jig:

(NA version, Euro grind or even Nismo #1, JWT Stage 1 or 256-H grind from Schneider though the last 3 might mess with smog tests some)

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/25219-jim-wolf-technology/

:whistle:

B

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found my tires!

Will these fit? 265/75-16..... they are Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's... I'm in love with the tread pattern and side wall. <3

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

I'm worried about the width not so much the height from what I've read online..

2_3_201190_1_9_1_1.jpg

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Nice looking Q!

We are just waiting for it to cool off a little here in Tucson before we remove all the exterior plastic and build some real bumpers for ours.

This is what I did for my intake, I don't think I'd call it a "Cold Air intake" but it was cheap and seemed to do ok. Problem was it was really loud and annoying while out driving around, it was kinda distracting and my foot always seemed to be in the gas (even though annoying, still fun to drive and feel the punch) which caused my mileage to be even worse...so I removed it and went back to the OEM style K&N drop in. You might want to try this before going with the whole setup, you might find you don't like the noise after a while. I liked it at first but it just got kinda old.

Also, I second the snorkel route too...that actually is a true cold air intake where as all these "Filter under the hood" style are just sucking hot engine compartment air. Atleast you would get bonus function from the snorkel.

20150207_180848_zpsee8luwrb.jpg

• 4 months later...

It's been awhile since I've posted some updates. Most recently I came across this light bar. Planned on putting it on the truck but ended up being too wide so I have no choice but to post it on Craigslist. Good thing is that it was free so no loss. haha!

00M0M_diW5fgy9A3m_600x450.jpg

What light bar size do you guys recommend for our truck?

I think mine is only 15" or so and it is MORE than enough! I honestly find the full length light bars to be overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Ok. I will see if someone on Craigslist may trade me plus cash then for one of that size. I looked like measuring it 40 inches would be probably tops? I was thinking maybe a 35 inch if they made it?

Edited by HarleyQuinn

• 2 months later...

Finally got some new tires! Didn't end up going with the Nittos super happy with the look and ride of the BFG's :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Like 5