r50 to WD21 Parts Interchangeability

stovanovich

I know there's plenty of separate threads out there about certain R50 parts that people have fitted / modified to fit into their WD21 but as my mate has just acquired a whole R50 for parts i thought it would be a good idea to start a consolidated thread on what can be changed over. (interior & exterior parts etc)

So if anyone can throw some suggestions out there, that would be great!

Not a whole lot.
WD22 parts on the other hand... my buddy and I sat down one day and just looked at/measured parts between his Xterra and my Pathfinder. Most parts are really close if not the same...

IIRC Everything below the body (except the leafs, parking brake and the cam-blot UCA's) are nearly an identical design...

Edited by MY1PATH

I love Xterras after seeing them up close when I was in Canada a few months back but we don't get them over here in NZ. Although, I wonder how many parts off the D22 Hardbody/Navara would fit then? (Im getting off track now though)

For what it's worth, the rear wiper arm is interchangeable from R50 to WD21. :blush02:

Well I'll be sure to change that over then!

What about CVs & front diff? R200 I imagine? My front end is R180 (Diesel model WD21s didn't get the R200 until 94 :angry: )

Well I'll be sure to change that over then!

What about CVs & front diff? R200 I imagine? My front end is R180 (Diesel model WD21s didn't get the R200 until 94 :angry: )

The R50 Front diff carrier and gears will not fit any any vehicle other than an R50.

Its mounting points are different and its gears are reverse cut.

• Like 1

Na I'm talking like the whole diff housing & axles. Guys over here swap them out of V6 WD21s and put them in place of the R180s that come out in our Diesels but I wonder how different the entire R50 system would be to swap. Should arrive on the transporter tomorrow so I'm sure I'll soon find out!

Na I'm talking like the whole diff housing & axles. Guys over here swap them out of V6 WD21s and put them in place of the R180s that come out in our Diesels but I wonder how different the entire R50 system would be to swap. Should arrive on the transporter tomorrow so I'm sure I'll soon find out!

I repeat, the mounting points on the carrier (housing) are different.

With some fab skills you might make it work but it is not a direct fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HG46= r180 front, H233B rear. 4.6 ratio

So what are your plans for that R180 if you find an R200?

I would like to see pictures of it and possibly may need more after that...

I meant the old r180 if/when you are done with it...

I have a project that involves an R180...

Probably sell it, you're welcome to it but bear in mind I'm on the other side of the ocean :happy:

I wouldn't mind seeing pics of that R180 also. My impression is that it's the same width and bolting/mounting as your R200, and I thought it used the same CVs?

Yep the WD21 equivalent all bolts up the same. CVs are a 27 spline 6 bolt whereas the R200 Cvs are 28 spline 5 bolt though

Yep the WD21 equivalent all bolts up the same. CVs are a 27 spline 6 bolt whereas the R200 Cvs are 28 spline 5 bolt though

Perfect, that's what I was hoping for clarification on. Picking up an R200 tomorrow and noticed it has a 5-bolt star pattern. The newer R200 CVs are also 6 bolt, 28 spline...and judging by a pic I saw, they have the same bolt pattern as the R180, 3 sets of 2 bolts? My guess is that the side flanges between R200s are interchangeable...guess this is something I'll find out.

Is this what it looks like, noting the bolted shaft tube?

US-38511G23007_2.jpg

Also, I didn't think the R180 came with the H233B...I thought it was R180/C200 and R200/H233B combos. This was true for most Nissan truck/SUVs here. Does your rear diff have a removable 8-bolt cover?

Probably sell it, you're welcome to it but bear in mind I'm on the other side of the ocean :happy:

Moreso I was interested in the extension housing and long Stub shaft that runs under the engine but I think In the long run I may end up making my own custom.

Curiosity piqued...

I have a R180 rear diff from a Z that will be becoming a front diff...

It will be off center just like the pathfinder It just doesn't have an extension tube on it (yet)