Where do you get your Cam Shaft Sensors?

So I've already replaced both of my Camshaft Sensors with Beck Arnleys from Amazon once See my post here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32751-p1145-and-p1140-codes/

I was disapointed when I am pretty sure that 30K miles later one of them has already failed. What brands/ sources are you guys getting them from? Is OEM worth it, did I get a fluke sensor, or do these things go bad that fast?

I checked a few places, any I missed?

Genuine 237312Y52A Sensor by Nissan

$80 - Courtesy Parts

$80 - Factory Nissan Parts

$65 - Amazon

Aftermarket Sensor

$55 - Rock Auto (Beck Arnley or SMP)

$55 - Amazon (Beck Arnley or SMP)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like you have a 3.5? I have a G35 sedan and I had to use an Autozone unit, in a pinch. (Duralast unit)

I have had bad luck with Autozone electrical components in the past and I had heard of some issues using Duralast cam sensors with some VQ35 owners. Needless to say, I was not thrilled to pay $65+ for that part but had no choice. However, that was over 80k miles ago and the car still runs perfectly, with this unit. Actually, I blew up the stock motor due to spun bearing and tossed in a 350Z motor (has a few more HP). I used both of the cam sensors from my blown motor, including that Duralast unit and so far the engine has run flawlessly for the last 50k miles.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, I have the VQ35, how do you like the 350Z version?

Thanks for the info, I didn't even think to check a local chain store, figured that part was special enough.

I ended up buying two of the OEM sensors from Amazon for $65/ ea. I preemptively replaced both of the Beck Arnleys I had even though only one had failed. I compared the Beck Arnley units and found that the one that was still good was marked identically to OEM and the one that failed was marked differently... Maybe I got one dud that only went 30K miles.

Definitely keep that remaining Beck and Arnley as a spare.

I love the 350Z motor, def a noticeable difference in power. Feels like a true 4 door version of the Z!