R50 Seats into WD21?

djratlif

I was at a pick and pull recently and found a really nice set of heated leather seats in a wrecked R50. I have a 1992 WD21 that I am going to be plowing with and would really like the heated seat option. Does anyone know if the seats are a complete different frame or are they interchangeable without too much modification? I know I'll have to wire them in myself, but if the frames are different I will abandon the project and look for the more elusive WD21 seats at pick and pulls. Thanks, Derek

Sorry i cant give you any useful information, but Im curious about this as well, my drivers seat is torn (read: 5" hole) and id like to replace it with something newer in which the heaters actually work, mine are not functional... I wonder what is compatible? I suppose you could fabricate an adapter plate of some sort... How are you set up for welding?

Maybe an R50 owner can chime in with measurements for the mounting locations... I can measure mine on my WD21 tonight or tomorrow, whenever i get home...

Sorry to double post, but im not sure how to edit a post from my Ipad...

Found this during a search on the seat subject:

I can't imagine a WD21 seat being much better, but they do bolt in. The SE trim seats are far better than the XE trim seats, but they're both a plenty in the junkyard.

might be worth it to take a chance on R50 seats... You could also PM "silverton" for clarification...

That is the useful information I was looking for, thanks a bunch. I will probably just take a seat out of the parts R50 I have and see if it bolts in like they say. I should have mentioned that I have one sitting around just waiting to be cannibalized. :rolleyes:

There was a post in the R50 - WD21 Center console swap about them being the same runner code & a guy bolted them in fine but there were some questions whether they fitted with Doors on as he tried with no doors :laugh:
By memory there was never any confirmation on this so make sure you let us all know how you get on!

• 2 weeks later...

If your going for an r50 with heated seats, make your own harness! My 96 seats haven given me a lot of grief. It likes to turn my seats on when it's 80+ outside.

Try and find a later model with the nicer material, the early pleather stuff is really cheap feeling. The later stuff feels a little better.

-Kyle

• 4 weeks later...

If your going for an r50 with heated seats, make your own harness! My 96 seats haven given me a lot of grief. It likes to turn my seats on when it's 80+ outside.

Try and find a later model with the nicer material, the early pleather stuff is really cheap feeling. The later stuff feels a little better.

-Kyle

What trim is yours? Our 1999.0 SE has independent switches for each seat with high and low settings. I don't even know if they can be set to turn on automatically as I just operate them manually. :shrug:

B