front end lift

MrSkaw

I put a 3 in lift on 94 pathy with 2 inch spacers in the rear. When I tree indexed torsion bars and cranked them up I think I ran out of height with Camino front shocks. Is there larger shock to go with?

Had some spelling issues on original entry. I have a calmin 3 in lift and put 2 inch spacers in the rear. I have the torsion bars re indexed and cranked a bit but seems to stop at a point. I think that I am level enough but was wondering about getting maybe bilstein shocks for the front if I wanted to gain another half inch to an inch. Ride seems a little stiff but the old coils and shocks were about shot.

Shocks should not be a limiting factor here, as some have installed low profile bump stops top gain "just a little more"... actually it is usually less about lift and more about a little more flex room for a, relatively, better ride. So check and see if your on the bump stops.

And even if you did, changing the shocks for longer will not help for a number of reasons

• If you go with a longer shock then odds are you will loose down travel since the body of the shock will need to be longer.
  • The real limiting factor in how high we can go with a T-bar lift is the angle of the halfshafts/CV's. There comes a point where they are over extended and can jam. Jammed CV + Engine power = Buying and Installing new CV, followed by lowering the front just a little after a lesson learned.

Remember, when lifting the front of a WD21 (or D21) you do not need to replace the front shocks. And even if you replace them for something more suitable for off road, your ride preference or simply because the existing ones are worn out, you buy the stock length shocks whether your WD21 Pathfinder (or D21 Hardbody for that matter) is stock height or lifted, it does not matter.

• Like 1

Thank you red, i think that I went to high in the rear and will go back down to three and take the spacers out for now. That should solve everything, I got a little greedy with the suspension lift and will probably cause poor Hercules some pain. I like running 32X11.5-15 so If need be probably body lift. Ill see how three inch does.

Thank you red, i think that I went to high in the rear and will go back down to three and take the spacers out for now. That should solve everything, I got a little greedy with the suspension lift and will probably cause poor Hercules some pain. I like running 32X11.5-15 so If need be probably body lift. Ill see how three inch does.

Don't need more than 2" for 32 x 11.5 mate, I run them just fine. Even squeezed 35s under there one day but the extra inch of the 12.5 wide was the problem there.

• Like 1

Thanx, drove to work today for test run. Doing some adjustments before playing in the hills.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No one actually makes a 2in or for that matter a 3in body lift for 4dr WD21's. The 3in lift that AC sells is a Performance Accessories lift for the 2Dr's rebranded as AC with the replacement bolts for the back two locations included.

You can, as others have, buy a PA 2 or 3 inch lift for an 87-89 Pathfinder and then source the proper bolts for the rear. The specs for the 3in are around here somewhere, Precise1 might know where, that will give you the size and thread pitch required, then you would just try and locate a bolt that is about 1in shorter. Or buy the 3in spec'ed bolts and then cut them down to fit.