What I did this weekend

AKdraws

So since I bought my Pathfinder, i started a to do list and i have been checking them off lately. Most have been little things (painting/plasti dipping parts, switches, rear hatch lock, electrical etc.) and some bigger (starter, brakes, etc.) but this weekend i started my suspension to fix my alignment.

First thing i did, shocks. Rides 100x better than before!

Gabriel performance handling gas shocks

front_zpsb3za62mu.jpeg

(got a little crazy with the wd40)

and Monroe load bearing coil over gas shocks.

coilov3r_zps337xh8ih.jpeg

Goodbye body roll!

next is new control arms, with polyurethane bushings, as well as poly sway bar bushings, front and rear. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Good work keep us updated! Don't forget to check those strut rod bushings, the bushing on the front lower arm rear mount. They can really mess up your ride.

• Like 1

Wow, can I get the part number on those coilovers?

Idk the part # but I picked them up on rockauto.com here's the link; https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=60661&cc=1211926&jnid=455&jpid=49

They're awesome, the only issue was clearance on the driver side. The coil BARLEY misses the exhaust but nothing a little hammering cant take care of.

Good work keep us updated! Don't forget to check those strut rod bushings, the bushing on the front lower arm rear mount. They can really mess up your ride.

Thanx I will! I love working on my truck.

What do you mean by, front lower arm rear mount? The lower control arm?

Yeah lower control arm. The bushing on the rearward side goes bad and messes up your alignment.

Nice, I thought that was what you meant. The bushing kit came with those as well, but thank you for the tip.

Putting polyurethane bushings in the front of mine was the biggest improvement I've had yet! Only downfall us noise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Im hoping i can prevent the noise factor by lubing the hell out of it. We'll see how it goes.

Puttin' in the work on my Pathfinder. Finished the upper control arms, as well as pressing in new polyurethane bushings.

So it began...

20150619_183924_zpsmbuj2rsy.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new. Those original control arms had long hard lives. 23 years of dirt, snow and mud. Thanx for the support boys, but these MevoTech control arms from RockAuto.com, with Energy Suspension poly bushings, are gonna take it from here.

20150619_202726_zpsmmo917wj.jpg

A BIT OF CAUTION! (if you wanted to pick these up) These chinese replica arms didnt fit 100% to the frame. The bolt holes were SLIGHTLY off but a little bit of love from the die grinder did the trick.

Think i had about 75k miles left on this ball joint...NOT! It took an air hammer and pickle fork to get this little punk out.

20150619_202744_zpsqmthfa3c.jpg

All in all, about a 3 1/2 job. Old bolts put up a fight, as well as figuring out the new parts arent 100% perfect make it a little difficult, but thats the fun in wrenching on older rides.

20150619_213604_zpspyknwikw.jpg

Ride quality: excatly what i wanted. Stiffer and more agile.

Next is poly sway bar bushings, new tie rods, new lower control arms, torsion bars and the front suspension will be done. Then it will be on to the rear. All in due time. Stay tuned and thanx for taking a look!

Edited by AKdraws
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

More work on Ol' Redd.

This time was tie rods and poly sway bar end link bushings

20150725_180032_zps4vhnegqh.jpg

But wouldn't you know it? Yet more chineese replacement parts that dont fit!

So rather than put the old ones back on and waste time finding others that fit..

20150725_192433_zpsmivjxaxi.jpg

we reamed out the hub and made it work.

20150725_174040_zpsdkrnlofy.jpg

Lazy? Maybe, but my alignment was INCREDIBLY off and destroid my brand new tires so i figured, the hell with it. Now she drives straight, better turning radius, and no more tire scrub.

Still need to reindex the torsion bars but for alignment purposes, we evened them out so she at least straight. Although it dropped the front.

20150728_123607_zpspznrrd1j.jpg

Now thats a hot rod. See those numbers on the window? Yea, i drag raced it. 5 times lol still making a short, funny video of the footage. You will get a kick out of it.

Also got some new 6inch LED bars. They're tucked in the bumper very nicely. Gives it a factory look, plus they're super bright.

20150718_211213_zpsuwhjymnm.jpg

Plenty more work to come. Thanx for looking.

Edited by AKdraws

Are you sure you just didn't get the large taper tie rods instead of the small? I believe in 92 (later that year) they switched the taper size of the tie rods. I know I've accidentally recieved older ones for my 94 and they were too small.

Are you sure you just didn't get the large taper tie rods instead of the small? I believe in 92 (later that year) they switched the taper size of the tie rods. I know I've accidentally recieved older ones for my 94 and they were too small.

Definitely got the larger tapered, outter tie rods. I didnt know they're were different sizes throughout 92 though. I looked up the part numbers and which ones were exact from O'reillys, but (of course) cheap replacement parts from china arent always to OEM spec, they were also the only ones they had...never the less, they work great and im satisfied.