New to the forum

Regg03SE

Hi everybody, names Reggie. I just bought an 2003 SE 4x4 and its my first SUV that I will be modifying. Its my DD but I love to go

outdoors and go fishing and trailing on my time off. I live in Greensboro NC and being new to the area I don't know where the more rural parts of the city are and would be interested in finding some new spots. I like to do challenging trails with a mix of everything not a big fan of rocks at all but I love mud and puddle splashing especially. Looking at getting a lift and tires and a few more things here soon and would appreciate any help from you guys. Thanks and have a good one

Edited by Regg03SE

Welcome! I'm in Winston Salem, NC. About an hour from you. If your looking for a good place to go wheeling try Uwharrie National Forest. They have camping grounds, fishing, and OHV trails. That's where I normally go. Please post some pics.

Thanks for the welcoming everybody. I'm dying to get started on my truck but I still need would like to see what she can do all stock. I would like to take it down some simple trails closer to home and test her limits before I go to Uwharrie and go nuts. Uwharrie is on my to do list when I can finally get a day off at work haha. She's sitting level at stock height on a set of 255/65/16 road tires. The tires are about 90% tread so they are pretty big so she sits pretty nice as is, much more ground clearance than I expected. I'd love to get a truck meet together, you don't see too many r50s meeting up. Or any pathfinders for that matter. It would be cool to get all of us together.

@Redpath88. Thanks, I'm new to this forum thing.

@Grumpyboy and @Underoath. I'm in Winston several times a day for work. I deliver rental cars to Hanes Mall and Smith Reynolds airport almost everyday so I'm getting more familiar with the area. We definitely should get together soon. Seeing as how we've all got r50s, need to get a little wheeling group together or something. I used to have a 99' Grand cherokee back in 2012 but I never got to go out with other trucks. I was always solo. Need somebody to go with so I can actually try and get stuck haha. Message me anytime on here and we can try and link up.

@Fluerys. Just the person I wanted to speak with. I'm completely new to lifting so forgive my noob questions. I saw your website and i want to order me a set ASAP. I want to put 2 to 2.5 inches on it and some 265/75 MTs and because Im on budget currently your lift is exactly what I need rather than the expensive AC coils. My questions to you are;

1. Would you recommend your lift to somebody who does my type of wheeling as well as use it for a DD?

2. If i went with the 2" or 2.5" kits front and rear, what other components would I need? I already plan on buying 1.5" wheel spacers and locking hubs but I think I read somewhere that shocks would be a good investment as well

3. How long do the spacers last? I wanted to buy the spacers and tires and when the tires wore down upgrade to the SFD 33s and 18s. So will they last 8-10 months of daily commuting and some trails here and there?

Thanks again for the warm welcome everybody.

Also I cant get photos to upload right now so check me out on Instagram. Im on the NPORA page as well as nissanoffroad4x4.

https://instagram.com/p/26SjnhmPED/

https://instagram.com/p/23piDjGdyy/

Thats my baby. Thats not me hanging out the sunroof thats a buddy of mine.

I would be down for a wheeling group or a meet. I'm tired of my Jeep and Yota friends. I'm the lonely Nissan guy. Lol It would be great with some other Pathys. I'm sitting stock right now as well. I've got spacers and new shocks/struts but haven't had the chance to install them yet. You would be just fine on Wolf's Den and Fall's Dam trails at Uwharrie with a stock Pathfinder. Just don't make a wrong turn!

@Fluerys. Just the person I wanted to speak with. I'm completely new to lifting so forgive my noob questions. I saw your website and i want to order me a set ASAP. I want to put 2 to 2.5 inches on it and some 265/75 MTs and because Im on budget currently your lift is exactly what I need rather than the expensive AC coils. My questions to you are;

1. Would you recommend your lift to somebody who does my type of wheeling as well as use it for a DD?

2. If i went with the 2" or 2.5" kits front and rear, what other components would I need? I already plan on buying 1.5" wheel spacers and locking hubs but I think I read somewhere that shocks would be a good investment as well

3. How long do the spacers last? I wanted to buy the spacers and tires and when the tires wore down upgrade to the SFD 33s and 18s. So will they last 8-10 months of daily commuting and some trails here and there?

1) yes spacers are a perfect fit for your kind of relaxed offroad and daily driver.

2) You would need camber bolts for the post lift alignment. I use ingall ing 81260, but I know others , like moog, makes them.

3) I do not see a problem with the timeframe that you have. If you have an issue with the spacers, simply communicate with me and i'll see what I can do.

Steve.

I would be down for a wheeling group or a meet. I'm tired of my Jeep and Yota friends. I'm the lonely Nissan guy. Lol It would be great with some other Pathys. I'm sitting stock right now as well. I've got spacers and new shocks/struts but haven't had the chance to install them yet. You would be just fine on Wolf's Den and Fall's Dam trails at Uwharrie with a stock Pathfinder. Just don't make a wrong turn!

I hear that. I'm leaving for a trip to Florida next this coming up Friday so I will be gone for a week. I might be driving my pathy down there if it comes down to it. When I get back we should look in to taking a trip out to one of these trails together. I'm always up for an adventure.

1) yes spacers are a perfect fit for your kind of relaxed offroad and daily driver.

2) You would need camber bolts for the post lift alignment. I use ingall ing 81260, but I know others , like moog, makes them.

3) I do not see a problem with the timeframe that you have. If you have an issue with the spacers, simply communicate with me and i'll see what I can do.

Steve.

Glad to hear that. Now, in regards to the other components would you recommend getting some new shocks and struts since I'm going with a 2.5 inch lift front and rear with mine?

Glad to hear that. Now, in regards to the other components would you recommend getting some new shocks and struts since I'm going with a 2.5 inch lift front and rear with mine?

Getting new struts and shocks is always good if you need them, but they are not necessary for the spacer lift.

One thing very important:: if you do plan on changing the coils or struts, do this first, install them, THEN order the right combination of front and rear spacers to get the desired effect. Do not assume that your truck will be sitting the same way after your coil and strut change...

I just had a customer tonight contacting me with an issue that now with the lift , his truck is about 4" higher at the front.... He order the lift, but decided to change the suspension also... Once installed, the truck had a completely different stance..

Whatch out for that..

S.

Edited by fleurys

Getting new struts and shocks is always good if you need them, but they are not necessary for the spacer lift.

One thing very important:: if you do plan on changing the coils or struts, do this first, install them, THEN order the right combination of front and rear spacers to get the desired effect. Do not assume that your truck will be sitting the same way after your coil and strut change...

I just had a customer tonight contacting me with an issue that now with the lift , his truck is about 4" higher at the front.... He order the lift, but decided to change the suspension also... Once installed, the truck had a completely different stance..

Whatch out for that..

S.

Oh wow, good to know. Thanks for the help. should be ordering my kit here in like two weeks. Ready to get started