My pathy went swimming!

taylorhayis

So my best mate had his bucks party out in the bush last weekend, and a few of use went out for a bit of a rip after the festivities and camping. I decided I had to put my new pathfinder to the test! So we found this big mud hole out some God forsaken track, and I went for it.

Well I picked a bad line, and slipped off the bank/centre of the track RIGHT into some hectic ruts.

It took my mate warping his rotor and burning out his clutch in his Subaru to get me out... Didnt even have a snatch, so I sat in the flooded car for 40 mins trying not to let it die, as he ran to borrow a cable from a farm down the road.

Besides the dizzy filling with water, and not figuring out why I was only running on 2 cylinders until I was a few hours down the road (is the distributor rotor supposed to be all charred?) the car is fine! A bit soggy, but what a champ.

WLiawaUl.jpg

ay08fw7l.jpg

sLCj8D0l.jpg

kYco8whl.png

Cant wait for next time! Note to self - buy a winch, or at least a snatch strap... and check puddles.

Full video coming soon.

Looks like fun! Surprising the computer didn't get swamped.

The computer is under the seat yea? That whole area was fully under water... It didnt seem to miss a beat!

Tyres are 31", all four are different. Glad y'all like the purple!!

The computer is under the seat yea? That whole area was fully under water... It didnt seem to miss a beat!

Tyres are 31", all four are different. Glad y'all like the purple!!

The computer you can cover with plastic and tape it up to waterproof it for next time you go into the bog.

Some nice MT tyres would be my first investment...lol. Really cool bumper...does it already have a spot for a winch?

The computer you can cover with plastic and tape it up to waterproof it for next time you go into the bog.

Some nice MT tyres would be my first investment...lol. Really cool bumper...does it already have a spot for a winch?

I have 5x 32" MT's that I'll be putting on just as soon as I pass all the government inspections and shizzle that this country demands! Hopefully I'll get the beads fixed tomorrow, and pass the final inspection today. Fingers crossed.

Bumper had no winch mount, but I can probably hack one in. Question on that - the winche, I'd imagine needs to bolt directly to the chassis, my bull bar is 3mm aluminium - I cant imagine it being strong enough to hold the winch. Am I missing some steps there? Any recomendation on capacity? I'm thinking something ~ 2000kg but I just made that number up...

Good call with waterproofing the comp, I need to do that and the dizzy.

Ah nice...Aluminium bumper...much nicer than the one's we got in North America.

Someone with Winch experience will have to chime in on this one but I would imagine it would need to be anchored some way to the frame.

With your new MT's and some tow straps and a few friends you should be good for what Australia throws at you. Since you are in the land of ARB I would check the scrappers or Gumtree for used ARB bumpers with the built in winch mount.