Locking Lugs

headpeace

Hey all, I did search and didn't find what I was looking for, although I'm sure it's here somewhere. After 17 years of ownership I finally lost my original locking lug nut key. I forgot and left it on and drove off, now it's who knows where on the side of the street. What are my options? How do I get the locking lugs off? Can I buy another key? Pisses me off I freakin forgot, after 17 dam years of not forgetting

Most shops have the wheel lock removal kits, ( I have one here but your not close),

You can try to hit a socket on the lock and try to take the lock off, an impact gun works best but you can probably use a ratchet.

If the locks are McGuard and you have the lock number you can buy a new key.

I would call around to the tire shops and ask if anyone has the removal kit.

PM (or call) Alkorahil and see if there is a resource, perhaps by VIN to get a replacement. Late 90's I bought a Ford Taurus with factory wheel locks and no key, local Ford dealer was able to match them up for me. Don't have the car anymore but I will never forget the lock color code "Silver/Black" with that I could go order another :lol:

My truck has those outside splined lugs and locks on it, came with the truck, things are rusted to hell, will be putting nice chrome lugs on with no locks. Locks only slow a thief down, some times that is enough, as they always say, if someone wants something bad enough they will get it.

Even with the wheel lock remoal kit you still have to use a hammer to put the removal socket on so not like it's quiet if someone is trying to steal your wheels.

Just watched a video where some one used a emergency wheel lock removal tool purchased from the auto parts store, thing took the guy like 10 minutes to remove the lock and another 5 to get the lock out of the tool !

Try the dealer, if no help, call around to some tire stores, a good tire store should have the removal set. The removal set uses a socket that is tapered inside, so when you hammer it on the lock it grabs.