Fuel regulator hose 1995 Pathfinder 300 v6

pocampo

Hope I'm Putting this question in the right place, If not sorry just move at your Leisure..

Ok My hose is missing from that fuel regulator way in back of the engine. you know the one that hooks up to the upper manifold, What a pain,,, anyway the truck misses real bad with any load on it, I know i'm going to fix this. but How much do you guys think with that hose missing will it affect the performance is this a real huge issue. I can not fix today. starts fine it misses real bad with any load on it... Thanks for your help with this, I just bought this pathfinder changed all plugs wires cap of course the guy a bought it from said that all it needed.. any thoughts i'm all ears,,

Michael..

Ya I can feel where it goes. do you think that missing hose can cause a bad miss when there is a load on it ? And thanks for all your help..

What brand plugs and wires and cap? did you use? Just replace the hose. It takes 30 seconds and there's no point in wondering about it.

Also are there any codes? Try unplugging the o2 sensor and see if it runs smoother. Its the one with two white and one black wire on the tree of connectors behind the power steering fluid bottle.

Edited by adamzan

Did you replace the plugs too or just the wires and cap?

Not sure on the miss.

Ya full tune up and gaped right..

What brand plugs and wires and cap? did you use? Just replace the hose. It takes 30 seconds and there's no point in wondering about it.

Also are there any codes? Try unplugging the o2 sensor and see if it runs smoother. Its the one with two white and one black wire on the tree of connectors behind the power steering fluid bottle.

K will do.. TY Ya it was full tune up, u know where they hit you with 110 for everything ill do the codes after I replace line...

I'm not sure the hose is responsible for your exact issue but the double whammy of a vacuum leak and the pressure regulator thinking the throttle's wide open all the time probably isn't helping anything. The hose is a bit of a bugger to get to (a job to do by braille!) but once you've found both fittings with your fingertips it should be pretty easy to shove a new line in there. IIRC it took me longer to get my old one to come loose than it did to fit the new one.

I'm not sure the hose is responsible for your exact issue but the double whammy of a vacuum leak and the pressure regulator thinking the throttle's wide open all the time probably isn't helping anything. The hose is a bit of a bugger to get to (a job to do by braille!) but once you've found both fittings with your fingertips it should be pretty easy to shove a new line in there. IIRC it took me longer to get my old one to come loose than it did to fit the new one.

Ya I got it I would hate to have to change that fuel regulator But like you said just felt around and I got it.. looks harder then it is... but of course it still missing so bad any suggestion on getting the diagnostics test I tried the one under the seat all those lights just freak me out !! I will just take it to a pro,, will any diagnostic do or what questions should I ask the Tech.. and if there is more then one problem how does a Diag tell you what to start on... I need this babe to run good... I hope its not the injectors I would have to do that myself and taking of that top manifold looks like a bitch why did they have to put that 1 injector so far under the manifold Thanks for any advise I could sure use it.. also who ever owned it before TACOED the skid plate bad...

The flashing lights aren't too bad once you get to know them. Give it another go, I suspect most shops would have the same learning curve you do unless they service a lot of pre-OBDII Nissans. It doesn't always tell you what's up but it can help. You want mode 3. It won't tell you where to start, it'll just list off the things that are out of range. (If there's a knock code, fix the other things first and see if it goes away on its own.)

The service manual has troubleshooting procedures for a variety of issues, and can probably tell you more/better than I can. Start with the EF&EC section.

Ok I got a 31 EGR function code and a 41 intake air temp sensor,, Any suggestions I got the type the type you just turn the screw clockwise and back again..

The flashing lights aren't too bad once you get to know them. Give it another go, I suspect most shops would have the same learning curve you do unless they service a lot of pre-OBDII Nissans. It doesn't always tell you what's up but it can help. You want mode 3. It won't tell you where to start, it'll just list off the things that are out of range. (If there's a knock code, fix the other things first and see if it goes away on its own.)

The service manual has troubleshooting procedures for a variety of issues, and can probably tell you more/better than I can. Start with the EF&EC section.

Thanks man that was helpful ,, now I got the code 32 and 42 EGR function and fuel temp sensor I know where the EGR is but fuel temp sensor I have no idea where that is... looking for it now

fuel temp sensor is in the tank

alright guess I will check out the EGR first then see what happens... How about the air intake sensor where is that,, Thats code 41 just in case