Howdy from The Last Frontier!

Gingy

Bought a 92' SE 4x4 5speed with 200k on the clock for a fair price today and came here to learn a few things. My second Nissan but first Pathfinder. Damn glad to be here. Located in Kodiak, AK. Cheers!

cant quite figure out how to post up a darn pic haha just went full noob

Edited by Gingy

The color grows on you. ;)

Good looking pathy and a good place to start. I don't know if they salt where you live, but check the frame (specifically the rear by the wheels) and body underneath the rear seat for rust. That is one of the top dangers for these rigs.

Congrats on your Pathy, and welcome to NPORA!

B

Thank ya much. There's parts that are pretty rusty but the frame and Floor pans look good the exhaust is pretty rusty. The muffler is all but gone. Ordered a stock spec one from carquest. Local shop wanted 350 to bend one up. Too much for me. Ordering steel wheels next then gotta figure out the lift.

Best way to fix that?

Replace it. Nissan has a bulletin on lifter noise. However without hearing it not certain that's what is wrong. More common it's warped exhaust manifolds causing the studs to break which sounds more like what you have, noise will reduce when it gets hot where a typical lifter bleed down noise would go away after a few seconds to minutes after being started.

90ff10541e435bdf45bfbdcc4715e40a.jpg finally got this POS out. Been working on the bolts on the cat all week. One came out and the other snapped. Working on drilling and tapping now. Inside of the cat actually looks fine.

90ff10541e435bdf45bfbdcc4715e40a.jpg finally got this POS out. Been working on the bolts on the cat all week. One came out and the other snapped. Working on drilling and tapping now. Inside of the cat actually looks fine.

Wow! Glad I'm in California, stuff like that isn't much of a problem here.

Yeah but we also don't have vehicle inspections or emissions testing. So it's a lot cheaper and easier when it comes to fixes and mods

Yeah but we also don't have vehicle inspections or emissions testing. So it's a lot cheaper and easier when it comes to fixes and mods

Yeah, we don't have inspections, but smog fer sure. It's not that bad. Guess the pathfinder coming along?