Factory Fog Lights

Sorry if this has been covered. I looked but didn't find anything. Both my fog lights have stopped working checked to see if there was power at the lamp no such luck.

When I turn the switch on the console on and of I can hear the relay clicking. anyone else run into this/ And any suggestions where to start checking things out.

Thanks, Paul :scratchhead:

Usually they are ran with a wire to the low beams wire, so you have to have the running lights on to have the fog lights on. If you hear the relay clicking it's means that wire is probably good. So you might have a broken wire to the light. The best thing I can say is go around and check for continuity on the wires.

Edited by Bubbley11

Usually they are ran with a wire to the low beams wire, so you have to have the running lights on to have the fog lights on. If you hear the relay clicking it's means that wire is probably good. So you might have a broken wire to the light. The best thing I can say is go around and check for continuity on the wires.

yea, they were tied to the low beams so you couldn't blind any oncoming drivers with the high beams + fog lights. I rewired mine to be independent of the other lights completely. I also recall there being a fuse holder built into the fog light harness that ran under the hood along the passenger side of the engine bay. Might check that on yours

The power side of the bosch relay goes to the positive side of the battery. There is a inline fuse about 3 to 4 inches on that wire from the post. The signal side of the relay goes to the right head light on the low beam side. Easy system to diag

If the relay clicks when you flip the switch you know power is going to the relay, if no power at the wires at the lights there could be a break in the wire coming out of the relay or possibly you didn't have a good ground for your test light ( if you were using a test light to check for power).

Check the output at the relay first, if power coming out there is a problem with the wire between the relay and the lights. If no power coming out the relay may be bad.