Splash Shield

HitMan

Hey Guys,

So I have finally snapped enough bolt heads on the front splash shield from removing it every time I do an oil change that I no longer have enough attachment points to hold it up anymore. Is there anyone who has been running around without it on for awhile? I am nervous that the areas that were once covered will now begin developing issues if I do not cover them back up. Luckily it is now spring, but once winter comes around it might be an issue. I have tried getting the remaining portion of the bolt out, but everything I have tried has been a failure so far. Any advice? Maybe I am worrying about nothing...

Edited by RedPath88
edited title

If you are referring to the plastic cover that sits under the front cowl and connects to the engine subframe, Then you have nothing to worry about. I bought my 96 in 2009, it didn't even have it. I really didn't even know if was suppose to have anything there until I started looking at OEM diagrams. But I did many road trips, running through puddles, hundreds of trips to go skiing, never had any issues. I have only recently put one of fluerys skid plates on.

So I'd say your fine, for the most part it just keeps dirt out of the engine bay, which is a good thing, but not strictly nessecary from my experience.

I just wouldn't go mud bogging without it. There is a member on here (if DVW still frequents here) who can tell you all about his wonderful experience mud bogging with his pathfinder, blanca. Long story short, his timing belt jumped.

-Kyle

Yes that is the part! Good to know it hasn't caused you any issues. I have just always had it on so didn't know any better. The part I would be most worried about is the off-roading.

Don't be. That piece of plastic will not protect your truck or keep it clean anyway. Maybe cleaner, but since the sides are still open, it's not like it would seal anything in. It's basically a very basic skid plate for minor stuff like raccoons and cats etc...

does anyone have this part number or know the part name for a 2001? i just got the truck and it doesnt have it, i'd like to buy it but only the shield for the wheel wells come up when i search "splash shield"

does anyone have this part number or know the part name for a 2001? i just got the truck and it doesnt have it, i'd like to buy it but only the shield for the wheel wells come up when i search "splash shield"

found it myself....

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/30288-front-splash-shield-broke-off/

• Like 1

I just want to take a minute to point out and congratulate a new member for 1) Doing his own research 2) Successfully searching (?)

:beer:

This IS a truly amazing moment for not only this automotive forum, but all automotive forums everywhere!

Thank you good sir for searching before posting!

-Kyle