Replacement sunroof seal?

Last night I removed my sunroof for some warm night driving, and the seal around the outside of my sunroof separated from the glass itself and broke off. I have the piece still but I'm reluctant to fix it because the rubber itself is extremely brittle due to the years of being in the weather.

Is there a place to buy a new seal?

Thanks

Reach out to Alkorhil aka Rob here on the forum. I got my replacement moulding from him.

I would take it to have it professionally installed, you want to make sure its stuck on there well. It won't cost much and they have the proper adhesives to keep it locked in place.

+1 on the professional installation.

I bought a new seal for the same reason - original one was perished. I tried doing it myself, and it was an utter failure.

I ended up finding a replacement sunroof at the JY with a good seal for ~$20, which was half the cost of the seal alone. So another option you might want to consider.

+1 on the professional installation.

I bought a new seal for the same reason - original one was perished. I tried doing it myself, and it was an utter failure.

I ended up finding a replacement sunroof at the JY with a good seal for ~$20, which was half the cost of the seal alone. So another option you might want to consider.

Do you mind me asking where you bought your first replacement sunroof seal? Also it's kind of off topic but also where did you buy your replacement nerf bars? Mine are rotting away.

Any Nissan dealer can get you the seal, Alkorahil here on the board runs a nissan parts dept and has great prices. His thread is in services or vendors, can't remember which.

Any Nissan dealer can get you the seal, Alkorahil here on the board runs a nissan parts dept and has great prices. His thread is in services or vendors, can't remember which.

Alright I'm gonna try the Nissan dealership here in Yakima later today. Chances are they won't have anything in stock for a WD21 but you never know!

I looked up this part the other day and it was $52.50 from an online Nissan Dealer, list is $72.64

different part numbers depending on the year

up to 1/92 is 73872-01G10

92 and up including some cars and other trucks is 73872-01M05- and is the same price both list and cost.

Have not seen Rob on here lately but you can still call him at his dealer to order. I've ordered a few parts from Rob and everything was always perfect, even got a free Nissan screwdriver with one of my orders !

Edited by ahardb0dy
  • Like 1

Just to update my progress, I went down to my Nissan dealership, and had a replacement seal ordered from them. They only wanted around $65 for it, including the price to have it shipped from Sacramento (the dealer which had one left in stock), to Yakima. It's supposed to arrive sometime this week, so I'll post again once I've received it.

• 1 month later...

Here is the finished product! Perfect and like new again!

h493hW0.jpg

And yes I know this post is extremely overdue... but I'm just happy that everything worked out. Also for anyone ordering this part in the future, this piece is technically called a gasket, rather than the seal itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you need a temporary fix (living in a rainy summertime climate like me) you can use an inner tube from a road bicycle (size 700c tire) sliced in half and use Shoe Goo to bond it in place, kind of a silicone type of adhesive, but its super strong and pretty durable and has so far been resistant to uv rays. Its been "temporarily" on there for about three years now...lol. I actually forgot about it until I read this thread, since i never look up there... It doesnt look as clean, but it keeps the rain out... 😬