cheap spring lift ?

proudpathy

my original rear coils are starting to not cut it , so i need more height. iv heard that jeep grand cheroke front coils work for around a 3" but need cutting, new zealand road safety regulations are strict on that sort of stuff. has anyone done another lifted factory spring lift on there wd21? cheers :D

I used MOOG JGC v8 progressive rate springs on mine & turned out great! I've also heard good reviews on aftermarket rancho & rough country springs.

Before:

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag460/ebayfish1/copyImage.bmp_zps9v9rttcw.jpeg

After with 33s:

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag460/ebayfish1/2014-10-26%2011.40.12_zpse4pz2kp0.jpg

Plus 3" body lift:

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag460/ebayfish1/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12-21%2015.32.33_zpsx3wqqlhb.jpg

I used the 1997 JGC coil springs for the rear for a couple of months til I upgraded to a 3 inch lift.

just wondering around about how much lift it gives and would i need that panrod bracket ? cheers

The jgc springs did lift the rear about 2 inchs. But got them off a 1997 V8 JGC. At the time i didn't have a pan hard braken on but. Very strongly putting one on if you go above 2" lift. Also you might have alignment issues if you crank the torsion bars way up.

In case you are also looking for another solution , I make rear spacers (in 1'' increments) for your pathfinder exactly for this purpose. check my website for sizes and prices.

Cheers wd21colorado, and fleurys would you send them to new Zealand hahs ?

I sold and shipped my products to australia and new zealand every 2-3 weeks for the last year or so.... No problems there !

S.

I sold and shipped my products to australia and new zealand every 2-3 weeks for the last year or so.... No problems there !

S.

And I can say from personal experience your great to deal with mate

S.

Sounds good as mate , what's ya website or place to buy these ? Cheers

just a query lads, iv got 93 wd21 4 door springs and was wondering if they would give me any sort of lift being that my truck is a two door ? may be a silly question but they are just laying around and need to be used.

I used the 1997 JGC coil springs for the rear for a couple of months til I upgraded to a 3 inch lift.

Just wondering, the only 97 front coils I can get are the straight 6 version , are they still okay ?

There is some good info on springs and spring rates here, I believe it is a sticky in the Garage section. JGC springs are an OK, cheap way to get minimal lift and nominal increase in spring rate, depending on which JGC spring you use, and there are many. I think you will find that most people that do use the JGC springs decide they really need something more, which are available through aftermarket sources. I know Fluerys developed his spacers recently with a bit of help from forum members and have heard ones that have installed them they are happy with the results. Personally I went with JGC springs for about a month and then acquired some HD 3" springs from 4X4Parts.com. They provided all the lift I wanted, the ride may be a bit harsh for some but I like em. Gotta have a panhard drop and longer shocks.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

• 3 months later...

In case you are also looking for another solution , I make rear spacers (in 1'' increments) for your pathfinder exactly for this purpose. check my website for sizes and prices.

I noticed it says made for 90-95 WD21 Pathfinders, so will it still work on my 88? I dont know all the differences in the 2 and 4 door models.