What have you replaced?

I have an 00 Pathfinder with 120K miles all original parts except for suspension parts that I replaced because some parts were getting on, but not because it was worn out. I've been thinking about what I might need to replace over the next few years like exhaust, or alternator etc...

I was wondering what parts you guys have had to replace on your R50 due to wearing out or malfunctioning and at what mileage did you have to replace it? Also, just curious how long the exhaust system tends to last on these things? Thanks

well, I bought my '00 three years ago, first thing I did was fluids, Trans, diffs, and with timeing belt/water pump and a couple of tensioner pullys, new coolant. next was springs and shocks/struts. turned out my shocks were to short for the lift springs (IronMan) so new rear Bilstien 5160 shocks. The KYB struts I installed didn't last more than a year and a half. so currantly I've got one new KYB and one Monroe. so far so good. New sparkplugs the second year, #6 is a bitch and probably had never been changed. wheel spacers came next with an upgrade to old school "lego" wheels and 31x10.5x15 Treadwright Guard Dog tires. Last year also had a Cat back exhaust insalled with slightly larger than stock pipes. had to be done as it was all original and looked like swiss cheese. had an 02 sensor replaced at the same time. a couple of CV boots have been done, a battery this winter ,and as of late new spark plug wires, rotor and cap as well as brake pads and rotors, and while I was at it repacked the bearings. most of the parts I've replaced seem to have been stock with the exception of maybe the brake pads. so after 15 year not so bad after all. Oh and add to the list oil changes every 4-5000 Km. I bought the truck at 207000 Ish and now she's at 230000 ish. oh and I've replaced both front fenders from Junk yard scores as they looked like rats had been chewing on them.( had to paint them black myself, don't look to close) . added some fender flares to cover the extended tire poke. next on the list is new (old) rear window wiper motor, and U joints for the rear drive shaft. about what I figured for an old truck with little or minimal maintanence done before I bought it. she's never let me down yet and I've never had her stuck either. So far we look after eachother.:) some where along the line I installed a factory transfer case skid plate and a 4x4parts front skid as well. this is what she looks like lately.

P1070142_zps9928z9tb.jpg

they are a universal fit from summit racing I don't have the part# but I think they are about 2" wide. I screwed and Glued them on (high strength marine epoxy) I figure by the time the come off the rest of the truck will be dead too.

We bought our 1999.0 4 years ago with 150k miles; it has almost 180k now.

Items replaced, all within 6 months of purchase:

Tune up parts

Tires

Front brake pads

Gear oil in both diffs

Injector for cylinder #1

That is it other than gas, oil and filters. When it hits 180k, I'll have the tranny flushed and check/repack the wheel bearings.

Can't tell you how long the exhaust system lasts up there in the land of rot, but here in NorCal not a single item has been changed and nothing shows any sign of failing either.

B

I have about the same mileage on my pathy as you, so far I've replaced from wear:

front struts at 70k then again at 122k, this time with mount, bearing, boot etc.

Bilstein 4600s at 70k then with 5100s at 122k

Front sway bar end links

Lower control arms

Tie rod ends

Brake pads/shoes and rotors/drums front and rear, fronts are now slotted

Upper trailing arms

AC blower motor

Oil cooler O-ring

Driver's side precat O2 sensor

Spark plugs with Platinums

Belt

And of course fluids

So far, there haven't been any major mechanical malfunctions, and never left me stranded while driving ~25k miles a year. It's usually small things that annoy mostly, or are corrosion related, and replacing them makes a big difference overall.

Edited by Karmann