Can't find the article on engine swap

ezlife

So after a little more then a year I have decided to bite the bullet and do the engine swap. I have an 88, 5 speed. 3.0. I can't find the write on up on the engine swap for my truck. I thought I remembered reading that I could do a 90-95 3.3 swap fairly easy? If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I found jdm 3.3 for 700 bucks. Will I need the ecu? I really wanted to do the diesel swap but I'm afraid it will end up being a long pain in the ass project.

Oh and if anyone is interested I have almost 8,000 miles since I replaced the 1 bent valve from the timing belt braking. Still runs the exact same, lol.

I found where Nefarious said the write up was on here but I couldn't find it even using the search term he suggested in another topic. I messaged him. I'll let you know as he lets me know.

• 2 months later...

Where in Florida are you looking er i guess given this threads age i should ask if you found one already? Im in the orlando area and just picked up a JDM engine for around $700 from a place near the airport (MCO). Tearing it down and replacing my vg30 which decided to do something horrible to the timing... Havent looked into exact cause yet, but #1 cylinder has 0 compression, so its swap time!