hesitation

00PathfinderSE

Noticing my Pathfinder doesn't seem to have quite the responsiveness that it used to between 2000-3000 rpm. Off the line and above 3000rpm it seems fine. Any ideas of what could help. Spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter are fine. Throttle body and maf are clean. TPS adjusted. What am I missing?

Cap and rotor have about 15000kms on it. Should that be changed? Thanks

Mainly the condition of the arc points.

Hmm, that is all the usual suspects, but maybe a vacuum line? I'm guessing at this point.

Have you tried looking at the diagnostics in the FSM EC section? They often recommend some component test that isn't exactly obvious... :shrug:

B

I have tried the EC section.

Maybe I should just live with it as it is 15 years old and not severe.

I've looked at vacuum lines and everything "looks" fine.

Thanks for the responses.

Don't assume that, test the lines by spraying a flammable aerosol and moving the lines while it is running. If the RPM increases, you have discovered a leak...

120k miles isn't even considered 1/2 life span for these motors under normal circumstances, so you shouldn't have a noticeable drop in power due to that. Something else is going on...

B

I'll have a look at the lines again. Is throttle body cleaner okay?

O2 sensors are original, save for one that was replaced years ago after throwing a code. Other than that, never had any other codes. Emissions was tested last year and passed no problem.

As long as it evaporates quickly without leaving a mess, easy to test...

WD-40 works (its residue is harmless and you want mist anyway), people have used carb cleaner and starting fluid as well. You just want a mist with a flash point that doesn't leave goo or anything that might affect rubber components over long term.

You might want to check the output of the O2 sensors and coolant sensor as well, the volt and ohm values and procedures are in the FSM.

B