P.O.R.N.

R3DN1CK

Project Off Road Nissan is going to come to fruition soon... starting to gather the parts. Will post pics when possible. I'm not on this forum often so bear with me. life if busy.

Here's what we got...

1990 Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.0 M/T

Here's where we're going...

VG33E swap from 97 Frontier

JWT S2 Cams

JWT Cam Spings and Shims

Undetermined Brand of Headers

VG33RE Flywheel

JWT 350Z Clutch

JWT ECU mod

1996 Hardbody Crank Pulley

Experimental Engineering Mod Brackets

RR Solid Motor mounts

Plus more.. but it's a good place to start.

• Like 1

Update. Can't find a cost effective VG33ER flywheel new/used... so going with stock resurfaced and a JWT Z31T upgraded clutch kit.

Now hard choice on exhaust...

Do I A)Buy new Stock manifolds B) Buy cheapo Pacesetters C) Buy ceramic coated Pacesetters D) Buy Thorley headers

Update. Can't find a cost effective VG33ER flywheel new/used... so going with stock resurfaced and a JWT Z31T upgraded clutch kit.

Now hard choice on exhaust...

Do I A)Buy new Stock manifolds B) Buy cheapo Pacesetters C) Buy ceramic coated Pacesetters D) Buy Thorley headers

The stock manifolds are fairly restrictive so to do all that performance work and put on the stock exhaust would be a bit :crazy:.

You obviously aren't concerned about passing smog tests, so either header would work. Thorley are by far higher quality, but cost more accordingly. If you go with the PaceMakers, get the ceramic coated ones, unless you like rust and the small of burning paint.

B

You should consider the heavy duty shift fork from zspeedperformance.com to go along with the clutch.

Haven't head of them, but will definatley check them out!

The stock manifolds are fairly restrictive so to do all that performance work and put on the stock exhaust would be a bit :crazy:.

You obviously aren't concerned about passing smog tests, so either header would work. Thorley are by far higher quality, but cost more accordingly. If you go with the PaceMakers, get the ceramic coated ones, unless you like rust and the small of burning paint.

B

I'm on a tight budget, don't really have funding for the project... so some sacrifices must be made. As much as my personal thoughts are the OBX is junk... or was junk. I saw some you tube videos and saw other posts online that said the OBX were legit now and it sounded good on the video clip.

I'd go stock so I could keep it street legal. But now I'm likely going a different direction.

What part of East County are you?

I'm off the lake jennings exit hwy8. Pathfinder is currently at my folks place in Santee.

I love my Thorley Headers...

No complaints

Thorley makes a premium product, if it was a daily driver I would hands down get the headers from them.

• Like 1

nice man I miss seeing pics on insta of P.O.R.N haha.

Thank Andy! I miss taking it out and taking pictures of it. It's a real blast to see peoples faces when they see where this thing goes or has been. I promise more pix if/when the swap happens or pix of P.O.R.N. 2.0....

Sorry I'm not super active on this forum, I've got a lot going on at work and too many damn hobbies to keep active in them all. So I really took a hard look at this project and determined that the chassis is worn out and needs replaced. To sink the amount of time and money into this current chassis would be futile.

I've been searching for a clean 91-95 4x4 to transfer my good parts to and part out the current whip.

Long story short I found what was going to be P.O.R.N. 2.0 and drove 2 hours north Saturday to look at it, it was nothing as described on the phone, email or text. Lots and lots of issues that I was willing to overlook for the right price. The guy and I negotiated a deal and I told him I'd want to look at a few more that day and I'd let him know either way. So I called him Sat night said I would be up there Sunday morning with cash in hand and a tow truck, he said ok. See you then. Drove 2 hours norrth to get 5 min away for him to send a text "sold it, bro".

So there are other WD21s out there, but the nice ones are 2wd, auto or $4000. The affordable ones are beat to hell or are worse off then my current chassis. So I'm in a $3k budget. Now to decide if I keep hunting for the perfect WD21 to transfer my stuff to or say eff it and join the ranks of the R50 guys. I'm not big on unibody, but it does have a 3.3 or 3.5 and the platform is still supported on the parts side. The WD21 has a lot of no longer available parts.

Wd21 chassis with an r50 power plant, then you have the best of both worlds. :)

My 93 is converted to a full r50 engine / accessories setup. Soon I'll be installing an r50 manual transmission to replace my tired old auto as well.

The obx headers fit great. I've installed them in both a body lifted and non body lifted truck and the only difference was that the non body lifted truck needs the front driveshaft disconnected from the front diff and dropped down a bit. Literally took an extra 5 mins.

There's also a little tab of metal that hangs off the frame on the passenger side that has to be cut off. I have no idea what it's for as both my 93 xe auto and my girlfriends 93 se manual had nothing attached to it. It just kind of sticks out there for no reason so we cut them off and that was the only mod needed. Very simple as it's a tiny bracket.

the header fitment is great BUT it does require a custom y pipe to be made since they are long collectors and pass much further down the truck. The crossover pipe sits right near the transmission crossmember after the install. Sound and performance are great and we have had no quality issues. Mine are about 5 or 6 years old now and are still great

• Like 1

Wd21 chassis with an r50 power plant, then you have the best of both worlds. :)

My 93 is converted to a full r50 engine / accessories setup. Soon I'll be installing an r50 manual transmission to replace my tired old auto as well.

The obx headers fit great. I've installed them in both a body lifted and non body lifted truck and the only difference was that the non body lifted truck needs the front driveshaft disconnected from the front diff and dropped down a bit. Literally took an extra 5 mins.

There's also a little tab of metal that hangs off the frame on the passenger side that has to be cut off. I have no idea what it's for as both my 93 xe auto and my girlfriends 93 se manual had nothing attached to it. It just kind of sticks out there for no reason so we cut them off and that was the only mod needed. Very simple as it's a tiny bracket.

the header fitment is great BUT it does require a custom y pipe to be made since they are long collectors and pass much further down the truck. The crossover pipe sits right near the transmission crossmember after the install. Sound and performance are great and we have had no quality issues. Mine are about 5 or 6 years old now and are still great

I 100% agree with you in the best of both worlds thing, I have a WD21 that is already a manual. I have a VG33. I just don't have the time and can't justify putting all the effort in and spending $$$$ to then have to replace my sloppy trans, clutch, ps pump, steering box, etc.. mines worn out for what I use it for. To rehab it would cost more than to replace it.

Anyone interested in a tired WD21 with the only set of Bilstein reservoir shocks in the universe (that I know of, fairly sure as they were prototype). 32x11.50r15 Radar Racing Short Course tires that have been grooved, 4x4 parts upper arms, new upper and lower ball joints, new front diff cover, new front axles, new front dif cover, new motor mounts, new lower nismo rear trailing arm bushings, new stillen sport drilled rotors, new stillen metal matrix pads. Did I mention this one is 4 wheel disc, non-abs. It's a perfect WD21 for the right person with time and money. I just have a carport wth a-hole management.

So I made an executive decision... P.O.R.N. is up for sale. I put it on craigslist at a ridiculous price (because everyone else has) of $3999, I will take $2500 for it. That's what I value the shocks, arms and tires at... might go lower if it drags out for a while. Going to look at an R50 today.

Thinking of parting this WD21 out. Send PM to me with what you need an offer. Going to start with exterior items only for now. Need to be able to roll it and drive it.

I'm taking the 32's and the legos and putting them on the R50, already stole the battery hold down items.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found out I can retire the car for $1000 to the state... tried to sell it for $800 as-is with pink, no takers. Parted out a few items, but it's going bbye. Sorry guys. Save the WD21 if you can.

When I did that to my last WD21 I found out it only had to drive to the yard and have seat belt for driver, seat, turn signals, windows, mirrors, etc. Ripped so much off of it.