those who are on 32"+ tires

I recently did they lift about a month and a half ago and have been driving this thing alot and have been on a few decent offroad excursions. The brakes are not so great on 33s lol. I did brakes rotors about6 months ago and Im sure the rears are toast. So is therr any better rear drum to replace it with or a rear disc conversion? Any help os appreciated

If your braking isn't very good, why are you focusing on the rear brakes?

The rear brakes provide a small percentage of your stopping power.

I'm asking because if you really only have a problem with your REAR braking, then I would suggest that you screwed up the adjustment of your LSV when you lifted your truck and you aren't getting any more braking force to the rear as a result.

What kind of brakes did you install in the front? When was the last time you flushed the brake fluid? I run Akebono brake pads and powerstop rotors on my rig and it does a pretty good job of braking with 265/75-16 BFG KM2 tires.

By the way, AKPrecision, did you install wheel spacers in front to fit those 285's or did you find a wheel whose offset/backspacing provided clearance without needing spacers?

Funny this thread came up, I just had a look at my brakes yesterday, the fronts are three years old and over 50% and the rears I haven't touched in 120k of owning the truck and still look good. No problems stopping my 32" BFG MT's... Brembo rotors with Hawk pads on the front. Very happy with the setup.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I don't remember what brakes i used in front a buddy of mine owns s.i valves and ss motorsports. so he got me pads and rotors for $70. I may just have him or wilwood make me a set of rear disks

Ah, if a rear disc conversion was available for the r50, now that would be sweet! Unfortunately though, a PROPER rear disc swap is a very involved process. Aside from sorting abs issues, the right rotors, caliper brackets, calipers, pads and lines must be sourced or fabbed, then a correct or adjustable proportioning valve and master cylinder. It sure is nice to dream though. :)