1. 1. Which are your favorite front springs for ride quality

• Stock
    • A/C 2" lift springs
    • OME 1/2" lift light load
    • OME 1/2" lift medium load
    • OME 1/2" lift heavy load
    • OME 1" lift medium load
    • Other (explain in thread)

I want to establish what everyone's favorite springs for all around ride quality are. Options given are based on the assumption that the "1.75" OME lift with 'trim packer'" that Rocky Road sells is either the .5" or 1" OME springs with a spacer. If I am wrong, please correct me.

The reason behind the poll is because:

a) nothing can change the strut travel length. You can adjust where ride height sits within the travel of the strut, but no form of lift actually increases wheel travel

and

B) between a SFD and Fleury's spacers, it is possible to achieve virtually any height lift you want depending on how much stress you are willing to put on CV joints

Hopefully this can create a knowledge base for people to choose the best spring for their application, independent of the amount of lift they want. Feel free to include any other details (lift, tire size, extra weight, strut choice, rear springs etc.) in comments to make this as detailed as possible.

Forget the trim packer, get some MD OME front springs from ruggedrocks and a 1" spacer from Fleurys. Smoothest ride by far, that's what I have. Word is the HD springs don't need a spacer to be level.

I voted for the .5" md ome, I have been running AC md springs (assuming they're similar) on my 01 for several years, at all 4 corners. I love em, but some have said "wow, this thing rides like a truck!", to which I reply "yep, it's supposed to". If your preference is a soft, squishy ride, then the tired stock springs and toasted shocks/struts in my 96 fit the bill. That thing rides like a marshmallow (for now anyway, very soon to change).

I've been curious myself, what exactly is the "trim packer" from OME?

Edited by 01Pathmaker

The OME MD springs are tuned completely differently from the ACs, different spring rate, different lift, everything. The OMEs have a more controlled ride than stock, meaning there's not as much excess body motion up/down but they actually absorb impacts a lot better, meaning on the highway I think it actually has a smoother ride than stock. Offroad there's no comparison, the OMEs outpace the stockers with ease. From what I can tell the ACs are more tuned to get that 2" of lift out of the box, but at the expense of compliance, and have that top out issue. Having ridden in an AC equipped truck, I'll definitely keep my OMEs. Not a big AC fan.

The trim packers seem to be 5/8" leveling pucks. I think you're better off just going for OME MD or HD springs (the HDs don't need the leveler) and just putting on a Fluery's 1" block up front. That's what I did, as I said.

Iron Man springs front and rear. Rear lifted almost 2" fronts settled fast. Originally had a 1" spacer to level it. Now have 1 1/2" spacer up front. Rides 1000% better than stock. Smooth highway and city. Off road is controlled. I'd go with em again but not available in states anymore.

Sent from my Moto X

• Like 1

i'm with Rebelord, I'm running the Iron Man springs as well....though I have 2 inch strut spacers. even fully loaded the truck rides awsome. smooth over railroad tracks and speed humps, good wheel articulation in technical terrain and the the hood stays level when on an on/off ramp. very little body roll.

• Like 1