88 Wont Spark

Mauitrailguy

Heres the situation...

Started and drove backwards for about fifteen feet and the engine died. I checked what I could at the spot I got stranded and had no spark. So I have done the following with no results.

Verified timing

Replaced Coil

Replaced Ignition Control Module

Checked connections under the hood

Checked all fuses and relays

Verified battery

Checked connections at the alternator

It sparks from the coil intermittently, but there is no consistency to why.

I need some help here. I am not good with electrical and have tried everything I know of, What you guys think.

Edited by Mauitrailguy

You did verify that the rotor turns i assume but from what your saying it could be the crank angle sensor in the distributor you may not have fuel either im pretty sure it controls fuel to but dont quote me on that

I have spark from the ignition control module, but not the coil, the coil reads 12 volt when in the on position and 9 when cranking. the coil wont arc anywhere on the block in either position. The ignition control module sparks in both positions, im gonna try another coil. The one they sold me originally is more narrow at the base where the two screws go through so that might have been an issue.

Im not sure it could be anything wrong with the distributor because spark isn't even getting to it, unless the distributor controls the coil somehow?

Edited by Mauitrailguy