Happy New Years you dirty bastards!

kev9180

Don't know if I've ever had a vehicle that "liked" below-zero temps.

But it's running rock solid.

Has a new stereo since fall, along with new front ball joints and new rear hatch glass. Had to be able to defrost window this time of year.

Good to hear, were the ball joints bad? I'm sure the rear window defroster is needed more up where you are, LOL, Down here if it's a choice of removing the tint the hard long way and saving the defroster lines or removing the tint quick and easily and losing the defroster, guess which choice wins ! LOL

Ball joints were getting play in them.

Decided to bite the bullet and hopefully I'll have no suspension issues for a good while.

I hope you're getting that truck rust proofed! It's in such nice shape.

Adam,

I got undercoating last fall and just washed it today since it's a rare January day where temp got above freezing for awhile.

It has a small rust spot above rear-most window on passenger side that was there when I bought it. Need to sand and paint that come spring.

But it's Minnesota, where they mix the road salt with sulfuric acid, I swear! So can't guarantee I'll avoid getting rust.

My old Pathy lasted 15 years up here before it rusted out.

If the black SE lasts until 2029 I won't complain.

I believe I treated that spot with a rust preventative spray. When I used the spray on a spot on my former 87 HB, it never spread any further.

Poor truck I can hear it crying due to the cold from down here !! LOL

Glad everything is going good for you with the truck, other than the few things you have told me about. How do those tires do in the snow? Have you had snow already?

Adam,

I got undercoating last fall and just washed it today since it's a rare January day where temp got above freezing for awhile.

It has a small rust spot above rear-most window on passenger side that was there when I bought it. Need to sand and paint that come spring.

But it's Minnesota, where they mix the road salt with sulfuric acid, I swear! So can't guarantee I'll avoid getting rust.

My old Pathy lasted 15 years up here before it rusted out.

If the black SE lasts until 2029 I won't complain.

It's just as bad here! I wash mine after every snowstorm or whenever i see it has any salt. Usually once at week no matter what the temps are. It is in pretty good shape but It's got random rust spots where paint has been chipped off by rocks.