HVAC Leds lit

daczone

So like most of you your little bulbs running various items have long since stopped working. I decided to tackle my HVAC lights today. Takes less than 30 minutes and cost under $10.

Sorry I didn't do a very good step by step, but you will get the idea and see the results.

I disassembled the HVAC unit. Removed the 2 bad bulbs and using some White LED's on a cut by the inch roll I cut off the amount needed. The Leds are installed where the clear and white plastic meet. They are easily separated with a pair of needle nose pliers.

IMG_0126%20(Mobile).JPG

The LEDS just sit behind the clear plastic and are easily held into place with some black electric tape. The tape also keeps any light from bleeding behind your unit.

IMG_0127%20(Mobile).JPG

You also solder 2 wires to the strip. +12v and ground.

IMG_0129%20(Mobile).JPG

It then lights up something like this. The lighting is smooth and perfectly balanced.

IMG_0130%20(Mobile).JPG

Once assembled your LEDS get wired back to the factory bulbs. You dimmer function will still work. Note: The LEDS must be wired correctly. Positive is the side of the bulbs towards the centers (either front or back) and the Negative leads go to either outside. The circuit board is easily soldered to directly. And these LEDS should outlast your pathfinder.

IMG_0133%20(Mobile).JPG

When you are done.. it will looks better than factory.

(Still have the cig lighter to do, and the foot wells). I will do it the same way.