Chilkoot model rearview mirror?

Hey everyone. Quick question.

I was looking at craigslist and I found a '98 Pathfinder Chilkoot for sale, and I couldn't help but notice the rearview mirror has a temperature gauge and compass.

Here's the picture from the ad:

00t0t_1Rgu5Q3NYA1_600x450.jpg

Original ad: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4808817156.html

My Pathfinder has the exact same rearview mirror with buttons on the sides that activate the reading lights, the button on the top left (which I have pressed and held and doesn't seem to do anything), and the black area on the top. However, the part with the temperature and direction doesn't light up or do anything on mine. How would I go about fixing it?

I realize it might be a hard question to answer because the Chilkoot models (and probably this rearview mirror) are exclusive to the Canadian market.

Interesting..... I have the optional over head thingy that does pretty much the same thing. Show outside temp, and direction, never seen it like that before. I like it more than what we got.

My best suggestion would be to start with basics, look for fuse faults,wire breaks,and shorts.

-Kyle

I've got the Chilkoot with that option. Have your tried looking in the junkyard for another Chilkoot and salvaging one? Not sure otherwise because its an LCD display that gets reflected on that mirror (the black bit).

I have the same mirror and the same problem. Mine temporarily works when it's gets super cold outside and other times it is very faint so I feel like it is probably something to do with the LCD, maybe wiring.

Hey everyone. Quick question.

I was looking at craigslist and I found a '98 Pathfinder Chilkoot for sale, and I couldn't help but notice the rearview mirror has a temperature gauge and compass.

Here's the picture from the ad:

00t0t_1Rgu5Q3NYA1_600x450.jpg

Original ad: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4808817156.html

My Pathfinder has the exact same rearview mirror with buttons on the sides that activate the reading lights, the button on the top left (which I have pressed and held and doesn't seem to do anything), and the black area on the top. However, the part with the temperature and direction doesn't light up or do anything on mine. How would I go about fixing it?

I realize it might be a hard question to answer because the Chilkoot models (and probably this rearview mirror) are exclusive to the Canadian market.

The button is to switch between C, F, or off. On my '98 all the lighting stuff was screwded up. Including the cruise controle that shut off when you turned the lights on, ash tray light that comes on when you use the brakes and dim dash lights that dim every time you brake, third brake light that stays on with headlights....etc...etc.